Thread: To trade for Hart - too expensive?

The Magnificent One

Default To trade for Hart - too expensive?

So i have been very busy this summer to get under the cap. I have been moving out players like malkin, getz, and others. I still have a team to compete though with guys like hall, schenn, pettersson, Marner, Hoffman, Atkinson, dubious, chabot, petry, pietrangelo, ekholm, Thomas, zadina, garland, Raanta, Koskinen, and others.

Salary cap league where we use AAV
    24 teams, 23 players active roster with 20 prospects (under 160 GP)
    G,A,PIM,SOG,PPP,GWG,SHP,HIT,BLK,FOW,SHTOI,W,GAA,SA ,SV,SV%,SHO

I get: Hart (`900k) and Faksa (2.2M)

I give: R. Thomas, Tippet, 1st rounder 2020 & 2021 (entry draft), Hogberg, Howard, & Komarov

EDIT: I have Raanta, koskinen, and Howard but need to move Howard for cap issues. We play 1 goalie. Nightly lineup changes

This is very very pricey as I just traded for tippet this summer and stayed away from moving Thomas all last year BUT this is Hart. I can move him up and down through minors for another 2 seasons atleast. And last point this would free up about 6M - 7M as I was leaving tippet in the minors for now (was going to swap him in for Zadina or garland on off nights).

TOO EXPENSIVE or SOMETHING I NEED TO DO??
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

Default Re: To trade for Hart - too expensive?

We don't know your existing goalie situation...so very difficult to say whether this move makes any sense.

Administrator

I definitely wouldn't view it as something that you need to do. With Raanta and Koskinen you should be able to tread water and potentially more. They're young enough that you shouldn't necessarily be looking at trying to lock in a goalie of the future.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    We don't know your existing goalie situation...so very difficult to say whether this move makes any sense.
    Thanks for the comment sorry I edited the above with my goalie situation
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Stud

Ok so I re-read your sig and am now advocating to NOT do this deal. If this was a start 2G, I think the price, albeit costly, would be worth the investment in the long term. But in a start one, where you already have Raanta and Koskinen... no. That's too much to pay for an "additional" starting goalie.

I love C.Hart and think he's a prime asset to target - but everything is situational in trades - and you don't "need" him. Watching Tippett and those 2 1st rounders emerge would be painful when it's not something you "need" to do.

Love the strategy... but yes, too pricey right now.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji