Thread: Need Help

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Need Help

Ok the situation is His Richards, B my Straka, M

Both listed as c\'s in our league. Neither have keeper implications.

Basic point system is 4 goal, 3 assist, -/+, 2 for a ppg, 4 for a shg. Team bonus for +/- and for points per game.

So the general story is richards was 320ish in our pool 2 years ago. Straka 275ish. Last year Richards was 230ish Straka 275ish.

He want Straka + for richards. The plus has to be a playable winger. Oh and only the end of year stats count in this pool.

So opinions?

(waiting eagerly)
    Pool A
    G, A, +/-, PM, PPG, SHG W L T SO SV% GAA
    Cap 80,375,000
    Center: Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, Spezza
    Wing: Ovechkin, Hall, Kessell, Nash, Voracek, Landeskog, Huberdeau, Schwartz
    Defence: Karlsson, Goligoski, Schultz, Barrie, Gardiner, Smith
    Goalie : Lundqvist, Dubnyk, Lehner
    Farm: Monohan, Bjugstad, Shinkaruk, Horvat, Killorn, Rattie

Pool B
    G, A, PTS, +/-, Hits, GWG W SO GAA SV%
    Cap 80,375,000
    F: Ovechkin, Kessell, Lupol, Backstrom, Giroux, Stepan, JvR, Forsburg, Landeskog, Etem, Eakin, Saad
    D: Green, Letand, Staal, McDonaugh, Faulk, Barrie
    G: Lundqvist, Halak
    Bench: Lecavalier, Grabovski
    Farm: Shinkaruk, Lindholm, Larsson, Gardiner, Visetin

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Need Help

I like richards, hes a better all around player and I think will have a much better year this year compared to last. Aswell Richards gets 1st PP time for sure in TB, with all the new aquired talent in NY their PP could change quite a bit over the year, so who knows if straka will be on it.

I...am your father.

Weird stat system to sift through..but I still like Richards better than Straka for this year. All of his numbers will rise while all of Straka\'s will fall.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I\'ll take a chance on keeping Straka. Richards may rebound a bit this year, but Straka will play as a winger in NY with Jagr & Gomez, and that just screams cha-ching! I\'ll take that over 2nd line Richards with dubious linemates any day. Even if Richards slightly beats Straka in points, Straka will have a few more goals and a couple more on the PP.

Plus, the dude is asking for Straka AND another player as well? That\'s just silly.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Ace

Depending on whats the added player I\'d do the deal, Straka is almost as good as Richards but Richards is much younger.

And yes that is one very wierd categorie list, i truly never understood what was the point of makin a goal worth 4 and a assist 3...why not just use 2 and 1. Very confusing and complicated for nothing, also the reason i only use yahoo and basic pts only systems.

Dobber Sports Genius

i\'d keep richards or play reverse pshycoligy and tell him straka+ for richards.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Apprentice

sakic19 wrote:
    Depending on whats the added player I\'d do the deal, Straka is almost as good as Richards but Richards is much younger.

And yes that is one very wierd categorie list, i truly never understood what was the point of makin a goal worth 4 and a assist 3...why not just use 2 and 1. Very confusing and complicated for nothing, also the reason i only use yahoo and basic pts only systems.
    The problem with 2 for a goal and 1 for an assist is that it makes goals twice as valuable than assists. Some leagues want an emphasis on goals but not one that drastic.

As for the potential trade...no way would I give up Straka AND another winger for Richards when keeping Richards isn\'t an option. Straight up I might make the deal.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I\'m with the d-monk here - if the guy is looking for a playable forward in the package - there must be little on the wire - so while you open up a roster spot that you can offset production with - seems like maybe there isn\'t much to be had - so

- either you are giving him Staka and a player you won\'t use this season in which case you win the trade
    - or you give Staka and a skater and backfill with another skater and the end production for both sets favors the Richards side - you win
    - the guy has a really hot sister you want to date and he will set you up if you do this deal - you win

otherwise I see you losing this deal. I am a big Richards fan and often will stretch to trade for him in one year leagues. He was a point machine the last 3 months of the 2005-06 season so there is the upside - but I am not convinced as others are that Richards will return to that level - it isn\'t an issue of talent it is an issue of how he is being utilized. Weigh this carefully - that other skater is likely crucial to this being a good or risky trade.