Thread: Points only - please rank

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Points only - please rank

Hey my favorite Dobberites! Hope this day finds you well.

We have our annual rookie draft coming up in October. Currently I have the following picks: 2, 3, 12, 33, 41, 47, 48, 59 and 60th overall. Fairly confident with whom I'll be picking with the 3 1st rounders but then it gets a little dicey for me.

I know it's asking a lot, but with the remaining picks, who'd be 3 guys you would look at for each one? And how would you rank them? I've been looking at the spreadsheet that was provided in the average draft position thread, but not entirely sure if it's more aimed at different setups or not. With all my newly acquired picks, I'm really trying to knock this draft out of the park as this is the most picks I've ever managed to hang on to haha! Thanks to everyone for all their help with everything I've posted. Always enjoy reading what you guys have to say. FYI, we are only drafting 2019 rookies.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Points only - please rank

So basically you want people to list their top 60?

I can get behind a list of 10 players, pick 3 kinda thing but this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen a guy ask for no offense.

That spreadsheet should be your bible, it's exactly what you need.
    20 Team Dynasty H2H League: Devils (Rebuild Mode)
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

C : Hischier, Horvat,
    W : Marner, P. Kane, Fiala
    D : Provorov, Bouchard
    G : Campbell, Francouz

Minors:
    C : Tomasino, Rossi, Khustnutdinov, Amirov, Stankoven,
    W : N. Robertson, Maccelli,
    D : Addison, Farrance, Morrow, Heinola, Rathbone
    G : Annunen, Thompson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by tcat View Post
    So basically you want people to list their top 60?

I can get behind a list of 10 players, pick 3 kinda thing but this is probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen a guy ask for no offense.

That spreadsheet should be your bible, it's exactly what you need.
    If I wanted a top 60, I'd be asking for a top 60. Also, that spreadsheet isn't specific to just points only. Yes it's a great tool, but the guy that made it said himself that it's up to us to do our own research as well. Hence the post. Like I said, I'm confident in my 1st 3 picks, but it's the later rounds I'm looking to get advice on. If you do your math, aside from the first 3 picks, 3 players per pick is a far cry from asking for someone's top 60.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

They are prospects a few years away. There are very few 2019 draft eligible players that are targeted and drafted for their multi cat potential in the top 60. At this point you're just looking for players to primarily put up points, a lot of the junior leagues don't track hits, blocks, faceoffs and even if they do translating that to the NHL is another story. It's also hard to name 3 players for each draft spot when we can't see who's been taken yet.

My advice is to wait until the draft is at around 30, make a new post and show who's available at that point and who are the top guys that are left.

I'm not trying to be a dick, just don't see you getting a lot of feedback with your current post.
    5th Year
    G=1.5, A=1, PPP=.25, SHP=.25, BLK=.1, HIT=.1, SOG=1, FOW=+.1, FOL=-.1, GA=-1, SV=+.1, SHO=4, W=3

Minors:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Multi-cat means nothing to me as I'm in a points only league. I get it is hard to pick if you don't know who's available but unfortunately we don't have time between picks for me to be able to come here before my next turn. I'd love to be able to. Secondly, while I'm sure you're not trying to be a dick, all your comment does is encourage people not to come and ask for advice. Something I've been told to do multiple times by the more seasoned members.

What I'm saying is that most people don't target guys for multi cat stuff in the top 60, so the concensus is pretty good for most leagues, including points only.

How much time do you have between picks?
    5th Year

Minors:

Dobber Sports Padawan

2 minutes tops. Reason being, we do our waiver draft and rookie draft same day, so GMs don't like to spend too much time between picks.

The Great One

Give us a mock draft of the top 25-30 or so

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    Give us a mock draft of the top 25-30 or so
    Not even sure how to do one haha! I could maybe make a list of who I think the GMs will pick but that's about it.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would take Hughes/Kakko at #2
    I would take Turcotte/Byram at #3
    #12 >> Caulfield/Podkolzin/Zegras/Cozens/Boldy/Newhook/Dach
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Assuming most of the GMs just go by the NHL draft, so going on the hunch that you're looking at Rd 2+ guys with your later picks.

Here's a list of points-only guys I'm intrigued by... with the understanding that the deeper it goes, the bigger bust/boom likelihood there is.

(Bolded guys I'm particular intrigued by)
    Rd 2:
    A.Kaliyev
    B.Brink
    M.Sogaard (G)
    N.Hoglander
    J.Rees
    E.Afanasayev
    N.Robertson
    B.Leason
    K.Henriksson

Rd 3
    Z.Jones (D)
    P.Puistola
    N.Legare
    A.Beaucage
    P.Dorofeyev
    G.Clarke
    A.Honka (D)
    I.Konovalov (G)
    L.Ahac (D)
    M.Cajkovic
    D.Fensore
    C.Ellis (G)

Rd 4+
    J.Spence (D)
    M.Maccelli
    M.Teply
    K.Nousiainen (D)
    T.Tieksola
    L.Aaltonen
    I.Saville (G)
    M.Kallionkieli
    K.Slepets
    P.Moynihan
    M.Warren (D)
    L.Burzan
    K.Tyutyayev
    M.Shalagin
    V.Nussbaumer
    D.Wolf (G)

Likely deeper than you need - but doesn't hurt to have a deep name or two stashed away in the memory banks!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you're looking at points only and just 2019 draftees, taking the 2019 draftees and cross referencing them against the prospects ranking would be a good place to start: https://dobberhockey.com/hockey-home...s-august-2019/
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster