Thread: Keeper Help!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Keeper Help!

Hi all,
    I am debating how to approach things heading into this season. I am certainly going to try to make trades to get me under the cap if possible, but at the moment, I am about 23mill over based on who signed new deals this year. Our league only counts goals and assists, along with some GK stats like wins, shutouts and GA. In the event I cannot make trades, I need to shed significant space, so here is what I am thinking (team in sig):

Cut: Shuldt, Felhaber, Wolanin, Sikura, Dzingel, Montour, Ekblad and Ellis

Move to farm, Farabee, Chytil, Hayton, Andersson, Gurianov, Verroneau, Shesterkin

With 7 on the farm, I have room for my 3 draft picks at our entry level draft and I have 1.75 million in cap space to pick up a player if needed. Any thoughts on my cuts? Should I cut someone else? I wanted to keep Ellis and Ekblad, but based on those salaries, with projected 38 and 34 points respectively (from hockey news, I have seen others slightly higher or lower) it is hard to keep them any longer in my opinion, but maybe I am wrong. My thinking on D is that I am ok with Barrie, Buff, Chabot, Theodore, Sergachev and Brannstrom, my only iffy is Sanheim at 3.25 mill, but might he be getting better? Would appreciate any advice.

cheers!
    10 team league, 50 player max, Salary Cap
    Dress weekly 3L, 3C, 3R, 3F, 6D, 2G
    Pts for skaters: G and A
    Pts for goalies: W, SO, -pts for GA

Players
    L Kempe Nugent-Hopkins Marchment Van Reimsdyk Gaudreau Hoglander
    C Giroux Zacha Cozens Kopitar Eriksson Ek Trocheck
    R Coyle Pastrnak Konecny
    D Chabot Weegar Gostisbehere Perunovich Theodore Raddysh

G Sorokin Shesterkin Dostal Vasilevskiy

IR: Hamilton

Farm: Lardis Petrov Perreault Howard Cooley Poitras Bourque Sawchyn Pinelli Rossi Graf Lucius Brink Gunler Nazar Tomasino Leonard Zellweger Lamoureux Poirier Gulyayev Broberg Lohrei Thrun Sogaard

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Help!

I think you're making the right cuts, though I wouldn't hesitate to part ways with Perron and/or Schwartz if you can find someone better at those cap hits. Shouldn't be too difficult.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)