Thread: Who to pick up?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to pick up?

I just drafted last week. 12 team Standard scoring league. 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/FLEX/DST/K started each week.

QB: Winston/Jackson
    RB: Chubb/Bell/Jones/Murray
    WR: Godwin/Cooks/Mike Williams/Westbrook/Sutton/Allison
    TE: Burton
    D/ST: Ravens/Chargers
    K: Gould

I know i am weak at TE.

I am debating if I should drop a WR for a RB or TE? Or am I ok with what I have?

RB available are:
    Ballage
    Justin Jackson
    Justice Hill
    Mattison

TE available are:
    Eifert
    Goedert
    Waller

Opinions on any moves? Or just until after week 1?

Opinions on my team?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Who to pick up?

At this point I'd wait. If those guys were better than what you drafted, why didn't you draft them.

And I'm not sure I'd say you are weak at TE. Nothing wrong with Burton. As long as he stays healthy, id only worry about his bye week and by then you'll be cycling players anyway. Pick up the BPA at that time for that week.

I probably wouldn't have drafted two D either but that's me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    At this point I'd wait. If those guys were better than what you drafted, why didn't you draft them.

And I'm not sure I'd say you are weak at TE. Nothing wrong with Burton. As long as he stays healthy, id only worry about his bye week and by then you'll be cycling players anyway. Pick up the BPA at that time for that week.

I probably wouldn't have drafted two D either but that's me.
    Yeah, one D/ST will be gone. I saw Ravens schedule first two weeks and grabbed them in the last(16th) round as my last pick. So, I didn't really miss out on any good picks, other than who i already listed, who are still there obviously.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Yeah, one D/ST will be gone. I saw Ravens schedule first two weeks and grabbed them in the last(16th) round as my last pick. So, I didn't really miss out on any good picks, other than who i already listed, who are still there obviously.
    My plan is to drop Ravens after week 2(unless they look too good to drop) and pick up Herndon/Watson at TE since they are both suspended first 4 games.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

I would drop Sutton for either Goedert or Eifert, Probably Goedert given he is involed as is and is one injury away from being a top 6 fanatsy TE in a very proficient offense. In fact, I'd drop Burton for him too. Eifert is an injury risk but has TE1 potential ever week he's on the field...which isn't many.

If Jimmy graham is avail snag him as your TE2 behind one of the above. Very solid roster otherwise.

EDIT: flip that...Eifert over Goedert. drop a dst and sutton and grab both
    @SmittysRant