Thread: Been offerred Kamara+......am I overthinking it?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Been offerred Kamara+......am I overthinking it?

0.5 ppr 10 team league start 1qb 2rb 2wr flex(rb wr) etc.
    Offer is I receive Kamara, Singletary, and allison for chubb and carson. Am I overthinking this in saying I'm not sure to accept?

Qb: watson rb: barkley, chubb, carson, Jacob's, penny wr: cooks, e sanders, DJ moore, R anderson, c davis, mvs
    Te: cook
    Dst: Rams, k: gould
    12 team 7 man keeper league
    G: 3, A: 2, scoring bonus[ DG: 2, DA: 1, PPG: 2, PPA: 1, SHG: 3, SHA, 2], PIM: 0.5, +/-: 1, HatTrick: 5, W: 5, SO: 5, SV: 0.2, GA: -1 SOL: 3, SOS: 1, SOGA: -1

Start 6F, 4D, 2G, 5Bench

F: Marchand, kucherov, Kuznetsov, eichel, lindholm, arvidsson, stamkos
    D: chabot Giordano edler Gustafson hronek gostisbehere
    G: varlymov Smith lehner anderson
    Farm (20 game limit): Dobson c foote

Default Re: Been offerred Kamara+......am I overthinking it?

Stand. Kamara is a stud obviously but Chubb and Carson...?? especially owning Barley. no way I'd give that depth at a position that gets banged up a lot.. You don't need Allison that bad either to warrant it. In ten team leagues you really need studs at each position more so than any other format. If you move a RB it should be for a TE, not another RB
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think I'd take that deal. Sure moving both Chubb and Carson hurts your RB depth, but you still have a solid backup in Jacobs. A 1-2 punch of Saquon & Kamara at RB is unheard of.

Also, when Hunt comes back who knows how much of Chubb's workload will be stolen. Sure it's not until week 10, but I'd much rather 100% of Kamara than 75% or less of Chubb during fantasy playoffs.

Fair points bu I disagree. Chubb's a stud and can easily end up top 5 at year's end. Hunt won't be back until week 10 and when he does return, assuming he takes on 25% or more of Chubb's overall touches is pure conjecture. Hunt's return might ding Chubb's ceiling but it won't effect his weekly floor which is very high in and of itself.

Put another way....there's a reason why this guy wants Chubb and Carson, and it's not to help your team out of some benevolent generosity. You need an upgrade at TE. Make a move there. Not for a minor upgrade at RB and a wildcard WR.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would take Kamara. Can't trust the Seattle backfield, and while there's a lot of hype surrounding Cleveland you really don't know what you're going to get.

Kamara is a sure thing on NO especially with no Ingram there to split carries with.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Spinorama514 View Post
    I would take Kamara. Can't trust the Seattle backfield, and while there's a lot of hype surrounding Cleveland you really don't know what you're going to get.

Kamara is a sure thing on NO especially with no Ingram there to split carries with.
    They are not going to run Kamara into the ground. I would expect a workload like in the past, and expect Murray to slot in like Ingram did in the past. Murray is a proven NFL player and can slot in for the departure of Ingram and not miss a beat, and be a viable option in himself.
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    They are not going to run Kamara into the ground. I would expect a workload like in the past, and expect Murray to slot in like Ingram did in the past. Murray is a proven NFL player and can slot in for the departure of Ingram and not miss a beat, and be a viable option in himself.
    Murray is already dealing with an injury lol, and Ingram is way, way better than Murray, so it wouldn't faze me one bit if I were in the OP's position.
    11 team keeper league with salary cap (points only)

MY TEAM (start 13F, 6D, 1G):
    FWDS: N. Kucherov, S. Stamkos, R. O’Reilly, J. Hughes, W. Karlsson, P. Kessel, B. Point, F. Vatrano, E. Pettersen, R. Rakell, C. Keller, N. Niederreiter, K. Labanc

DEF: J. Trouba, J. Morrissey, T. Krug, F. Hronek, S. Jones, D. Nurse
    GOALIE: A. Vasilevskiy
    BENCH: V. Mete, S. Niku, R. Andersson, T. Hirose, C. Glass, T. Jurco, C. McElhinney
    NOTES: We can only send players down if they get injured, otherwise they pass through waivers and we lose them for nothing + we have to pay half their cap.