Thread: Getting back to articles

The Great One

Default Getting back to articles

Hey dobber nation! I took a hiatus but I'm looking to help impact fantasy rosters in a positive way. Please let me know what has the most appeal:

1. Underrated veteran contracts in cap leagues.

2.Emu's personal list of darkhorse candidates for non-cap leagues

3. A weekly fictional account of a hockey playing horse who unlocks extraordinary detective powers by eating peanuts from NHL stadiums.

Big Daddy

Default Re: Getting back to articles

1. Underrated veteran contracts in cap leagues.

Not enough fantasy cap coverage out there. Eskimo Brothers’ Capped is the only one I know about.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Have to go with the Horse.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Option 3 is appealing, but I was hoping for that story involving a walrus. I also strongly prefer non-fiction, if it's not too much trouble.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The horse thing sounds interesting, especially the peanuts, but because it's fictional...NOT the horse.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Door number one please!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Monster

Darkhorse fav's.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the appeal of #3, but we've seen equines done before as pro sports stars.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074599...7?ref_=nv_sr_7

A walrus could be good, but there's the GEICO commercial.

Maybe another animal, one that's got good size, tenacity, an odd gait, and can't do anything crazy like fly? Hmm, maybe an ostrich or something.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

My order of picks

3 is the best option but would also prefer a different animal...perhaps a rhinoceros.
    2 since every one loves dark horses...wait I thought horses were pick 3...now I am getting confused.
    1 is the worst option because everyone knows there are no good veteran contracts in the NHL

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    My order of picks

3 is the best option but would also prefer a different animal...perhaps a rhinoceros.
    2 since every one loves dark horses...wait I thought horses were pick 3...now I am getting confused.
    1 is the worst option because everyone knows there are no good veteran contracts in the NHL
    I beg to differ with Spezza, E. Staal, Maroon, and whatever Marleau gets.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

I like a few veteran goalies too: Mcelhinney, Anderson, Howard

Dobber Sports Icon

I'll take veteran contracts for 500, Alex.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin