Thread: 4th Overall Pick - Keeper League

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question 4th Overall Pick - Keeper League

Hey guys, new to the forum here. The gist is this, I have 4th overall pick in upcoming draft. I already know that Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte are going 1, 2, 3. I’m trying to decide between Byram and Cozens for my pick.

The way I understand is that after Turcotte, the rest of the top 10 forwards are pretty similar and you basically go with your gut based on team, NHL readiness, etc. Having said that, I like Cozens and think Buffalo is going to be really good in a couple years and the idea of having him on a line with Eichel for the next decade is pretty intriguing.

The more I hear about Byram though sounds like the kid is going to be an absolute stud and Colorado looks primed to be good now and for the foreseeable future. So if I bypass him and take a F, am I going to seriously regret that down the road?

I’ll post more details about my team and league settings but it’s mainly points only with G and A worth the same value and same with F vs D.

Would love to get some perspectives on this.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 4th Overall Pick - Keeper League

H2H, 11 Team, Points Only and +/-
    25 Keepers; Position limits: C - 4, LW - 4, RW - 4, D - 6, G - 2; Bench - 5, IR - 1, Minor - 3
    C - Mikael Backlund, Sidney Crosby, Bo Horvat, Evgeni Malkin
    LW - Mikael Granlund, Anthony Mantha, Tomas Tatar, Jason Zucker
    RW - Josh Anderson, Yanni Gourde, Phil Kessel, Mitch Marner
    D - Drew Doughty, Alex Edler, Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Justin Schultz, Jaccob Slavin
    BE - Ryan Donato, (LW/RW), Nazem Kadri (C), Esa Lindell (D)
    G - Matt Murray, Devan Dubnyk, Jaro Halak, Mikko Koskinen
    2019 Picks - 4, 15, 26

Dobber Sports Padawan

Byram would not be a bad choice at 4 in my opinion. Normally in my pool, D prospects aren't valued as highly, unless your name was Dahlin, chances are you weren't picked until mid 2nd round at least. I have a feeling he'll get picked up no later than 12th on my pool.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Kirby Dach
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Svech,Thoma s,ChandlerS.,Jenner,Couts,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Gudas,Harley
    G:Jarry,Ingram,Kotchetkov
    IR:Murphy,Rust,Guentzel

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Schmaltz
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Lehkonen
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov
    IR: Zegras,Norris,Vilardi,Kempe

Dobber Sports Pro

Your D is not that strong . I think Byram is a nice choice for you.