Thread: Kakko vs Gusev, is this debatable?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kakko vs Gusev, is this debatable?

For the team in my signature I may have the option of drafting either one of these guys. How far apart are they? Kakko is getting all the talk time on these boards, but these guys are ranked 2 and 3 in Dobbers top prospects rankings. My view is also tainted here because I’m a life long Devils fan and cringe at the thought of drafting a Ranger over a Devil. But I don’t want my fandom to get in the way of making this decision. Is it clearly go with Kakko if he’s available or is Gusev a real option to consider?
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Kakko vs Gusev, is this debatable?

I dont think either one will be a keeper for you so id lean towards Gusev because he will yield more than Kakkkoooo next year.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    For the team in my signature I may have the option of drafting either one of these guys. How far apart are they? Kakko is getting all the talk time on these boards, but these guys are ranked 2 and 3 in Dobbers top prospects rankings. My view is also tainted here because I’m a life long Devils fan and cringe at the thought of drafting a Ranger over a Devil. But I don’t want my fandom to get in the way of making this decision. Is it clearly go with Kakko if he’s available or is Gusev a real option to consider?
    Goals weighted more than assists? Give me Kakko. Gusev is more of a playmaker.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Also presuming you can make trades, Kaako is going to have more name value than Gusev likely. If they're both available, I'd probably either try and trade down, or draft Kaako and try and trade him to someone who is rebuilding.

Gusev is probably the safer bet though for straight points. He'll be playing with some pretty good players in NJ.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GavinC View Post
    Also presuming you can make trades, Kaako is going to have more name value than Gusev likely. If they're both available, I'd probably either try and trade down, or draft Kaako and try and trade him to someone who is rebuilding.

Gusev is probably the safer bet though for straight points. He'll be playing with some pretty good players in NJ.
    This is the play. Unless you want to move up for Hughes, as a Devils fan.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Gusev is also comes in as a 27yr old finished product, where Kakko will be an 18yr old rookie. If neither will come close to cracking your keepers I'd probably lean Gusev because he's already got years and years of pro hockey under his belt.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner