Thread: Ceci Lawsuit - Burn victim

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Ceci Lawsuit - Burn victim

This seems kind of strange to me. Not sure why Ceci is a defendant here.
    Hopefully that Lawman fellow will chime in.

From what I read in here, I couldn't find any kind of negligence on the part of Ceci. His girlfriend, on the other hand, sure seems like she was being careless and can be directly linked to the injuries suffered by the plaintiff.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...red-as-claimed

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Ceci Lawsuit - Burn victim

Pretty standard Statement of Claim and Statement of Defense given the facts laid out. Woman is invited to a party at the Ceci/Thompson residence and is injured while attending. Woman blames the hosts for having a dangerous home and Thompson (gf) for her actions that lead to the injuries. Ceci and Thompson are denying they did anything wrong and are in turn blaming the manufacturers of the fire table for selling a dangerous product and stating that the Plaintiff caused/contributed to her own injuries.

Ceci is named because he was the owner/co-owner of the property where the incident occurred. All owner's owe a certain level of care to individuals that come onto their property where they be invitees or even trespassers. Good news for Ceci is this claim is most likely covered by his home insurance, so even if he is found liable he will be covered up to the maximum of his policy.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Pretty standard Statement of Claim and Statement of Defense given the facts laid out. Woman is invited to a party at the Ceci/Thompson residence and is injured while attending. Woman blames the hosts for having a dangerous home and Thompson (gf) for her actions that lead to the injuries. Ceci and Thompson are denying they did anything wrong and are in turn blaming the manufacturers of the fire table for selling a dangerous product and stating that the Plaintiff caused/contributed to her own injuries.

Ceci is named because he was the owner/co-owner of the property where the incident occurred. All owner's owe a certain level of care to individuals that come onto their property where they be invitees or even trespassers. Good news for Ceci is this claim is most likely covered by his home insurance, so even if he is found liable he will be covered up to the maximum of his policy.
    Based on my experience working with Insurance, this is spot on.

Dobber Sports Jedi

An article never provides a full set of facts. They can't - word counts for one. Boring details for two.
    You feel bad for all involved - the victim of an accident
    The hosts of the party that never set out to hurt anyone at their house party.

Shitty situation, getting more attention because it's Ceci.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    An article never provides a full set of facts. They can't - word counts for one. Boring details for two.
    You feel bad for all involved - the victim of an accident
    The hosts of the party that never set out to hurt anyone at their house party.

Shitty situation, getting more attention because it's Ceci.
    And because Ceci is a Leaf now.

Dobber Sports Icon

cant help but think that if this was your average everyday Joe Sixer, would the lawsuit even be a thing?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    cant help but think that if this was your average everyday Joe Sixer, would the lawsuit even be a thing?
    Yes. Second and third-degree burns to a third of one's body will result in a lawsuit more often than not I imagine.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Happens WAY more than you think. But like Lawman said, usually all covered by Bodily Injury Claims between the insured's insurance company and the Injured Third Party. You and I don't make the news. Ceci and other celebrity does. Less about the suit and more about the celebrity.

Dobber Sports All-Star

I belive so. There should be some compensation here as there was some neglect on the part of Thompson.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, that poor woman was burned very badly. If I remember correctly, she was even in an induced coma for a bit. Seriously life altering stuff.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Administrator

I hope this one remains as private as possible and everyone involved is properly cared for.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Yes. Second and third-degree burns to a third of one's body will result in a lawsuit more often than not I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Happens WAY more than you think. But like Lawman said, usually all covered by Bodily Injury Claims between the insured's insurance company and the Injured Third Party. You and I don't make the news. Ceci and other celebrity does. Less about the suit and more about the celebrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    I belive so. There should be some compensation here as there was some neglect on the part of Thompson.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yeah, that poor woman was burned very badly. If I remember correctly, she was even in an induced coma for a bit. Seriously life altering stuff.
    ...i actually didn't realize it was that serious. I retract my comment
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Master

Ceci is named because he has deep pockets. This stuff always gets settled between insurance companies in the end. Lawsuits name defendants based on the best (deepest) and most stable source of compensation. So they'd sue Ceci, the manufacturer, the squeeze bottle company.. basically everything and anything that came into contact with the event (including the people) so as to maximize the likelihood of the compensation. When I get asked about this stuff and I hear "can I get sued for xyz?" I always say, yeah you can always get sued but the likelihood of you resulting liable is a whole other story and one that is never reported on in the media after the statement of claim is filed.. Makes the news.. and then disappears.. Cases like these most usually settle and it's always between insurance companies.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck