Thread: NHL TV

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default NHL TV

I am thinking about subscribing to NHL TV this year. My main question/concern is:

I work an odd shift, so I will miss the early 7pm/8pm games. Does NHL TV allow you to DVR or record them? Or does it allow you to watch the games from the beginning?
    20tm multicat salary keeper
    19 Active/6 Reserve/ 33 Minors
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G
    Skaters: G/A/PlusMinus/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/Hit/Blk/FOW/FO%
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: NHL TV

I dvr nhl games on center ice all the time

Dobber Sports Sage

You can watch the games whenever you want. I routinely wait until after the game starts so I can skip commercials and intermissions.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just to clarify..... I am talking about the streaming service.... Not Center Ice through a cable provider.

Www.NHL.com/subscribe
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    Just to clarify..... I am talking about the streaming service.... Not Center Ice through a cable provider.

Www.NHL.com/subscribe
    I love how the website you shared above gives you a link to buy early bird passes, but when you click on the link, there's no information there. Why offer the damn link if you arent going to put the information on pricing in there.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post

Www.NHL.com/subscribe
    Yeah you can watch games whenever you want from the beginning, but there are weird black out restrictions so if you have a vpn register using that in an area you don't care to watch the local team. I also think if the game JUST ends before you can start it you may have to wait a couple hours to watch it but I have never come across that, I have only read it afterwards

I find that the frame rate can drop a lot but that may be my internet speed, but on the other hand you NEVER have to listen to Boston and Pitts announcers (unless they play each other), nbc and sportsnet morons! I have used it for quite a bit and find it to be good value, but it can be frustrating at times as well
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I love this service.

Was a hockeystreams.com subscriber (long time ago!) in the past because NHL TV was shit but now that MLB handles it, it is pretty sweet. Not sure what device you will use but on computer you can look at up to 4 games at once and on Apple tv 2 games at once,. Nice feature

with the early bird pass, you get a good 20 or 30$ discount so it’s worth it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thank you for all the input. It seems that if i started watching a game during the live broadcast, I could start it from the beginning. It was still a bit unclear as to whether I would be able to watch a game immediately after it had already ended, so i emailed them, and got this response:

"Please allow up to 24 hours for the game to be available in the archives."

Thus, still no concrete answer. My concern is with my work schedule, I want to be able to watch the game after work. This could be before the live broadcast ends, or an hour after. Waiting up to 24 hours doesn't really interest me, and I do not want to pay for a service that I will not use. If it was an hour or two after broadcast, that might be alright.

Any further experience with this?
    3C/3LW/3RW/3SKT/6D/1G