Thread: Trade help

Dobber Sports Rookie

Post Trade help

23 man, 20 teams dynasty, keep all. Banger.
    Give: Hedman, Bailey
    Get: Markstrom, Stone

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Trade help

Depends what your defence and positional requirements look like.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Genius

Yup, that is a trade!

I'm not positive what the question is but, before weighing in I want to know what the goalie stats are? Is "SAVES" a CAT and how many goalies start at a time? I am aware of the supply/demand of a 20 team dynasty league when it comes to goaltending. If this is a daily start, 2x goalie, with SAVES as a CAT then this deal is probably not far off of the mark.

I am in a 20 team dynasty weekly H2H daily start, 2x goalie, with SAVES as a CAT and trades that involve a goalie, where only one team is giving up a goalie, can look skewed. But the supply/demand for goalies in this set up league set up places an extreme valve on workhorse starting goalies.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Yup, that is a trade!

I'm not positive what the question is but, before weighing in I want to know what the goalie stats are? Is "SAVES" a CAT and how many goalies start at a time? I am aware of the supply/demand of a 20 team dynasty league when it comes to goaltending. If this is a daily start, 2x goalie, with SAVES as a CAT then this deal is probably not far off of the mark.

I am in a 20 team dynasty weekly H2H daily start, 2x goalie, with SAVES as a CAT and trades that involve a goalie, where only one team is giving up a goalie, can look skewed. But the supply/demand for goalies in this set up league set up places an extreme valve on workhorse starting goalies.

Sorry, should have provided more context. But yeah, goalies are hard to come by for sure. We only have 1x daily G starting position though, with GS, GA, Saves, Shots against as cats. I already own Demko so having both would lock down Vancouver.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Depends what your defence and positional requirements look like.
    So my D is pretty stacked with Karlsson, Chabot, Weber, Pietrangelo, Hughes, Lindell and Valimaki other than Hedman.
    My goalies are a mess... Kuemper, Anderson, Demko, Francouz.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's too much for Markstrom. His other thread provides a bunch more context. You might want to put your roster in your signature.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    That's too much for Markstrom. His other thread provides a bunch more context. You might want to put your roster in your signature.
    Yeah had a feeling it was too much, thanks for the reassurance. Yeah that's a good idea, i will update my signature.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Agree with stevegamer - it's really hard to valuate a deal without your roster to assist identifying needs.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, one could break it down - Stone for Hedman - Bailey for Markstrom. Mark Stone has some solid value in MC leagues
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I don't mind the deal for you. Locking up a tandem means that every single week (if it is a weekly set up) you have a chance to beat your opponent. Not giving up a goalie while getting one back is huge. Mark Stone is a top 10 fantasy RW. Markstrom was a top 10 goalie last season. You do lose an elite Dman, but you have to give to get. Justin Bailey is not an excellent player in a banger/multi-cat format.

What does give me pause is that the is no guarantee that the Markstrom/Demko duo stays together for more than just this season. The glass-half-full side says, "Great, next year I end up with 2 starters!"... The glass-half-empty side goes, "What the hell am I going to do this season with Griess and Lehner dammit! Why did I give up Debrincat to complete the trade for the tandem?"
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"