Thread: Benn for Trocheck

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Benn for Trocheck

Hi all!

One of the managers in my dynasty 12 teams, cats, is in C-only Hell. He got 7 of them now after Y! played a few bad jokes by dropping wing eligibility to some of those. Me on the other hand can use some improvement in F/O department. Would it be a fair enough deal? My Benn for Trocheck.? iS Trocheck's injury a concern?

G, A, PPP, F/O, SOG, HITS, BLKS, PIMS

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Benn for Trocheck

F/O is FOW or FO %?

if its FOW trochek is a clear winner there. if its FO%, it might be more equal and i might keep Benn, hoping for a good rebound season.
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Wizard

they both had disappointing seasons but i think Trochek's was more disappointing then Benn's. I like that deal for you but based on what i just said and name recognition and a fact that he needs to trade a C, i think you can ask for a pick with it.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I liek both players, but I like Trocheck slightly more. Based on his sudden positional needs, it would make sense to start with this, and see where it goes.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    F/O is FOW or FO %?

if its FOW trochek is a clear winner there. if its FO%, it might be more equal and i might keep Benn, hoping for a good rebound season.
    Since he mentioned the other GM being in a bind at C it shouldn't make a difference since Benn gets a good amount of both from LW making his FOs probably more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    they both had disappointing seasons but i think Trochek's was more disappointing then Benn's. I like that deal for you but based on what i just said and name recognition and a fact that he needs to trade a C, i think you can ask for a pick with it.
    I'll second this. I do like Trocheck but I feel that a straight swap would be giving too much due to Benn's name value and even when they do both rebound and have similar production Benn would be a top LW while Troch would be "just" a good C so he should add more to even it up.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Star

While I like Benn for a bit of a comeback this season, for dynasty purposes Trocheck is the call here. Benn seems like he is hitting the early "big, punishing skater" wall and when it goes for those kinds of players (e.g. Perry, Simmonds, etc.) it goes really quickly. Benn is the kind of guy you want to trade too early as opposed to hanging on too late.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd poke the other GM first. I think one could argue Benn >> Trocheck - at least perception wise. Perhaps you could get a bit of an add one to Trochek here. vs. a 1-1 deal
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4