Thread: Offered Puljujarvi and a 2019 1st round waiver for my 2020 2nd rookie pick

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Offered Puljujarvi and a 2019 1st round waiver for my 2020 2nd rookie pick

Hey dudes.

I was just offered JP and a 1st round waiver for my 2020 2nd round pick in our rookie draft. I know you've all told me not to trade picks unless one or more are coming back, but would you take this? My 2020 2nd will most likely be the 13th overall pick. His 1st waiver this year will be the 9th overall pick and I think I can get some better players than I currently have. Thoughts?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

The Great One

Default Re: Offered Puljujarvi and a 2019 1st round waiver for my 2020 2nd rookie pick

What kind of players are available at 9th in waiver?

My gut feeling, though, is to keep 13 next year. How many times have you been screwed over trading draft picks?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Offered Puljujarvi and a 2019 1st round waiver for my 2020 2nd rookie pick

It's really going to come down to what kind of player you can get with the pick you're getting. Waiting to hear back on that.

I'd also see if you can get him to throw in a pick in the last draft round.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here are some guys I'm looking at:

Emile Bemstrom (cbj) (10)
    FILIP HRONEK (DET) D (41)
    Oskar Lindblom (PHI) (39)
    Ryan Pulock (NYI) D (45)
    Mathieu Joseph (TBL) (33)
    Dominik Kubalik (CHI) (26)
    Alexandre Texier (CBJ) (29)
    Barre-Boulet (TBL) (7)
    Zach Hyman (TOR) (39)
    Nikolay Prokhorkin (LAK) (38)
    Devon Toews (NYI) D (31)
    Ilya Mikheyev (Tor) (34)
    Max Veronneau (OTT) (34)
    Anton Wedin (CHI) (6)

Yandle and Gio are also there but may be scooped up before I pick again at 9th. I pick 2nd OA in our waiver draft. Usually the October waiver draft is hit or miss. Some GMs need to drop decent players because they have really good prospects that lose protection and need to be called up to their main roster. December and February are the two waiver drafts that offer up better players. W.Karlsson was picked up in December a couple of years back and potted 40 goals that season. Binnington was picked up this February and won a Cup. I have a feeling most GMs will be relatively quiet this October so I should end up with some decent guys.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Those are the point projections beside their names. Taken from the guide. Sorry.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys. I ended up turning it down. I wasn't getting a good gut feeling.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I mean, there's some good young kids there that would have helped you... but at the same time - that 2020 draft is stacked.
    I get the feeling that this is a trade you could revisit leading up to the 9th pick. I wouldn't be too excited about Pulj coming back, if you could swap him for a different prospect - then I'd be really intrigued.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4