Thread: JVR V Parakyo V Chytil - Which to keep

Dobber Sports Ace

Unhappy JVR V Parakyo V Chytil - Which to keep

I am down to these two as far as my keepers go and I cannot decide between them. This is for the league in my sig.

Parakyo FHG ranking 99 FHG value 46
    JVR FHG Ranking 115 FHG value 42

From a FHG perspective they are very similar in value, so no help there. I am already keeping Gohst, OEL and Hamilton on D. Parakyo had a good playoffs but is stuck behind Pietrangelo (sp), its his contract year and he is due to cross the breakout threshold at the end of this season, so he may pop earlier. In our league quite a few D are kept but it depends how people will value him regular season versus playoffs, as to whether he is going to go early or not.

JVR is reliable for points, doesn't hit but does put up a lot of shots. Does he get to play with Couturier or Hayes at C (or even Giroux but it seems a lot of people think he will go back to the wing). Whilst people seem to under value JVR in trades, he will still go pretty early due to his regular points totals.

I could drop Chytil but there is no way I would be able to redraft him, he would be gone before it got to me (I have no first round pick). He is over our farm limit of 81 games, so has to go to my main roster of keepers. I could offer him for trade, giving me the space to keep both Parakyo and JVR, but it leaves me thin on prospects coming through or am I putting too much thought into that and have a team that can compete for a couple of years, so why worry?

Sorry for the long thread but wanted to try and get all of the information down.

Any thoughts would be very welcome
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: JVR V Parakyo V Chytil - Which to keep

I'd be keeping JVR for a couple reasons. First off, with Simmonds gone, he should see an uptick in his PP1 deployment. Second, he missed a lot of time due to an injury, but once he returned, he was one of the leagues better players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."