Thread: Patty Kane for Fred Anderson, kotkniemi, 2nd + 3rd pick

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Patty Kane for Fred Anderson, kotkniemi, 2nd + 3rd pick

In points only keeper league (keep 10). Ppg are 1.5 and goals and assists are each 1 pt. My keepers currently are:

Tavares, ovi, Kane, barzal, marchessault, stamkos, Josh Bailey
    Letang, Subban
    Lehner.

Right now, I would project my team to finish 4th or 5th in 12 team league.

Am I better off having an elite top tier goalie or elite scoring forward (even tho I already have a few?)

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Patty Kane for Fred Anderson, kotkniemi, 2nd + 3rd pick

How do goalies score points? How many goalies count towards points?
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Ace

I know you’re stacked up front, but Kane deserves a better return for sure. Just my 2 cents.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    How do goalies score points? How many goalies count towards points?
    This is crucial information.

Depending on the format, I might be willing to take Andersen straight up for Kane. So I'm leaning towards this being a good deal for you, simply based on need.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Star

In a league where only 120 players are kept, draft picks are pretty damn important to stacking your team for a title run. Let us know the positions (C/LW/RW) and the goalie scoring and we can give you a good recommendation.

Dobber Sports Novice

Goalie wins are worth 2 pts and shutouts are worth 2 pts. We have no restrictions on which forwards/d/goalies we keep

Dobber Sports Star

How big are your rosters?

The key thing here for me is valuing that 2nd and 3rd pick. With 12 teams and 10 keepers, let's assume that 10 goalies are kept and therefore 110 skaters. To understand the value of those picks, we need to look at skaters #110-134 and compare them to the last two picks you'd capture in the draft, and to do that we need to know how big your rosters are.

There are some juicy names in that #110-134 range based on last year's scoring stats - Laine, Palmieri, Trouba, Arvidsson, Getzlaf, Gourde, Mantha, JVR, Hischier, Tyler Johnson, Keller, Shaw, Suter, Jones, Doughty, Karlsson, Klingberg.... some of those players will likely be kept, but I'm just trying to illustrate that those picks have much bigger value than one might think. To really evaluate this trade, you need to look at:

Kane, whomever you'd drop to fit in Kotkaniemi, and the types of players you'd end up with the last two picks in the draft

vs

Andersen, Kotkaniemi, and the two players you'd pick up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

it depends how you view kotkaniemi. if you think hes putting up 60 this season then do it. i think hes a two way forward on the third line all year who put up 40-45 points. i would ask for more or explore other options.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Some questions:
    Does Kotkan go into a minors protected group? I can see Kotkan ending up around 50-55 this year.
    And would you then keep Fred-Ex over Lehner or both?
    Those picks... re-draft picks or prospect picks? Some value in those picks if you draft well - so many mistakes in re-drafts
    Basically - FA 90 pts 40W & 5SO + three add ons - for Kane 90-110pts.
    If you subbed Andersen FOR Lehner (who will time share at least to start the season) - who could you pull in as a #10 keeper ?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4