Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keeper help

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Keeper help

I'm in a 12 team H2H 4 keeper non salary-cap league. There is no limit on the timeframe keepers can be kept. Categories are G, A, +/-, PIMS, PPP for the skaters and for goalies its W, SV%, and GAA with the roster positions 2C, 4W, 4D, 1 UTIL, and 2G and 3 bench slots.

I'm leaning towards barkov, wheeler, laine, and rask as my keepers. Which would mean I am leaving out lindholm, bergeron, marchessault, backstrom, reilly, hedman, and bishop.

Do we see Laine's value increasing in the near term, keeping in mind, if I let him go, I'll likely never see him on my team again. Am I sacrificing too much in the short term waiting on Laine? I also do not have a pick until the 3rd round, 35th overall pick so keeping at least 1 goalie is a must as my league tends to go goalie crazy early in drafts.

Thanks for the help

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Keeper help

With no picks in 1st and 2nd round, I would be tempted to keep 1 D +In this setup 6 forwards- 4 D.....good D must be pretty valuable!

I would let Laine go and keep Hedman.

Dobber Sports Ace

Very few defense is kept. Burns and Karlsson being the exceptions. You won’t see def start being drafted until the 3rd or 4th round.

Full current team is below:

C: barkov, Bergeron, backstrom
    W: wheeler, Laine, marchessault, arvidsson, lindholm, schenn, svechnikov
    D: Reilly, hedman, yandle, Hamilton
    G: Bishop, Rask, lehner, halak

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

id go Barkov, Reilly , Hedman Bishop

Reilly and Hedman could both hit 60+

Laine even if he rebounds might get 65

I like Wheeler but I feel he Is not a keeper anymore

Bishop will start more than Rask If he can stay healthy

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have Laine behind Hedman, Reilly, and maybe Bishop and Bergeron. There's simply no way I keep him with those categories - he's good for Goals & PPP, and the other stuff is okay, but there's also a chance he isn't playing.

Additionally you start 4 D, and Reilly or Hedman might outpoint Laine.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

would i be remiss to then go Barkov, Hedman, Rask, and Bishop?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Similar situation. Points only. Traded for laine last season. I think he is a potential 100 point player eventually.

I'm keeping him over ROR, Lindholm, J Carlson, Giordano at the moment.. He could be a bust but i see his floor as 55pts ... Might be wrong here but ~70 pts in the first two seasons, and 110 goals in all 3 while still being only 21 y/o and on a stellar jets squad, I see him at an all time low last year and could explode this sseason or next.

Laine had terrible deployment last season with Little. Thoughts appreciated
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    would i be remiss to then go Barkov, Hedman, Rask, and Bishop?
    I don't personally think Rask Is worth keeping, with halak there I see less starts for Rask, they will try and rest him for playoffs.

Dobber Sports Stud

Barkov
    Rielly
    Hedman
    Bishop

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bishop really considered a top 4 keeper?
    H2H Points Only - Keep 10 - 8 teams / 1 PT per G or A / 2 PT per W / 2 PT per SO / [2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019 WINNER]
    F: Kucherov, Ovechkin, Matthews, Laine, Kessel, Pettersson, Boeser
    D: Burns, Carlson, Dahlin
    G:

H2H - Keep 5 + 1R - 10 teams / G, A, Hit, Blocks, PIM, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP / W, GAA, SV%, SHO / [2ND SEASON]
    C: Eichel
    RW: Rantanen
    LW: Kucherov, Benn
    D: Dahlin (R)
    G: Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Barkov
    Laine
    Hedman
    Rask

Dobber Sports Ace

In a keep 4, you essentially get a fresh start every year. Therefore, every year is a go-for-it year and long term value is secondary.

With your categories, I’d pretty easily keep Barkov, Bergeron, Wheeler, Hedman/Reilly (coin flip).

Goalies are so volatile that I would just redraft best available. If anything, I’d be stuck between Bergeron and Backstrom, but would ultimately lean Bergeron since goals are counted.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Blues_fan1000 View Post
    I'm in a 12 team H2H 4 keeper non salary-cap league. There is no limit on the timeframe keepers can be kept. Categories are G, A, +/-, PIMS, PPP for the skaters and for goalies its W, SV%, and GAA with the roster positions 2C, 4W, 4D, 1 UTIL, and 2G and 3 bench slots.

I'm leaning towards barkov, wheeler, laine, and rask as my keepers. Which would mean I am leaving out lindholm, bergeron, marchessault, backstrom, reilly, hedman, and bishop.

Do we see Laine's value increasing in the near term, keeping in mind, if I let him go, I'll likely never see him on my team again. Am I sacrificing too much in the short term waiting on Laine? I also do not have a pick until the 3rd round, 35th overall pick so keeping at least 1 goalie is a must as my league tends to go goalie crazy early in drafts.

Thanks for the help
    You couldn't wait for me to answer this in my mailbag?
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ace

Without a pick in the first couple of rounds, I almost feel like I have to keep a goalie as the goalie "run" often happens early in my drafts. I don't know if I can bank on a Lehner/Greiss happening each year to risk letting go of Bishop and/or Rask.

Sorry Roos, I assume you get a bunch of questions daily and just wanted to hear thoughts from the forum. I look forward to hearing your thoughts if it still gets discussed in the mailbag. If not, sorry to waste your time.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You couldn't wait for me to answer this in my mailbag?
    I got your email - no worries, I'll still cover it in the mailbag
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/