Thread: Age For Youth

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Age For Youth

Just finished a draft for a new league and looking to get some thoughts a potential trade. Went into the draft pretty comfortable taking age if it meant I have a solid chance to win this year (team is in signature and would love any thoughts on it). Little worried about the future and another team is looking to sell some youth for more point, especially in peripherals so they are offering Makar. They have told me they like Kopitar, Brown, Zucker, Nurse, Risto, and JVR.

They have sent me Nurse and Kopitar for Makar, Jankowski, and Jokiharju. Of course I would also have to drop someone if I went with that but I don't think giving up Kopitar is a good idea right now and Jankowski isn't super appealing to me. I did think about countering with Nurse and JVR for Makar and McCann who I think is interesting playing on Crosby's line.

Looking for any thoughts about either deal, or if one at the moment is a bad idea all together.
    12 Team H2H Dynasty
    G,A,+/-,PIM,SOG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

4C: A.Barkov, N.Kadri, N.Schmaltz, S.Stamkos
    4LW: J.Gaudreau, J.Huberdeau, L.Raymond, C.Mittelstadt
    4RW: D.Pastrnak, S.Reinhart, B.Rust, A.Iafallo
    6D: T.Barrie, B.Chiarot, B.Dillon, S.Gostisbehere, E.Gustafsson, B.Skjei
    2G: J.Binnington, A.Hill, P.Mrazek
    Res: R.O'Reilly, T.Hall, P.Kane, P-O.Joseph, J.Drysdale, M.Bunting

F: M.Bourque, B.Brisson, W.Eklund, D.Goyette, R.Suzuki, R.Jarventie, A.Martino, T.Fix-Wolansky, S.Holmstrom, J.Kemell, C.Lucius, C.Bedard, W.Whitelaw, A.Cristall, S.Poulin
    D:T.Harley, D.Mateychuk, J.McIsaac, D.Samorukov, L.Cagnoni
    G: J.Daccord, P.Kochetkov, K.Keyser, A.Werner

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Age For Youth

Not sure I like the offer if you're looking to compete. The counter you mentioned looks more appealing if you want to go that route. In my opinion.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah to me the counter is still a step back from competing now to a degree but would prove equal by next year with the upgrade to Make from Nurse. If McCann works well with Crosby it'd be an upgrade earlier than that even.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Posted this late last night so just going to bump once and hope for some more advice.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd say send the counter and if they say no, stick with what you have. Kopitar may regress a bit but he's still a way better option than Jankowski.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont like that offer at all. Jankowski is a low end 3rd line player and Jokiharju is buried in Buffalo. Giving up Nurse and Kopitar is one thing, but the only decent piece I see you getting back is Makar. I'd take out the other two pieces and look for something better. It's not like the two guys you are giving up are mediocre players.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I wouldn't move Nurse to adress a youth "problem". He's a beast in your setup and only 24 years old.

I think you have a good farm, no real superstars but a couple of nice prospects.

Brown, Zucker, JVR or Kopitar are the ones I'd be shopping