Thread: Edler / Myers

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Edler / Myers

Hi guys,

I own both Edler and Myers in a weekly head to head dynasty league. With Myers signing in Vancouver it's given me 2 of their best 3 options at D but not sure it's worth rostering 2 defenceman from the same team as i'd likely have to bench at least one on busier nights (My other D are Hedman, Reilly, Byfuglien, Fowler and DeAngelo) and we have 4 starting spots for D.

Would you keep both and have Myers as an insurance for if (and likely when) Edler goes down with injury?

Or would you move either one to balance your team more and get more starts?

Also where would you rank / value Myers going forward?

Most standard cats including hits and blocks.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Edler / Myers

Either one of those guys might be a better option than Fowler/Deangelo. You might just shop all of them around and see if you can upgrade, otherwise I think those two are better options than either of the other two, especially with hits/blocks Myers might have the edge as long as they don't plan on continuing to overuse Edler on the PP.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Edler / Myers

I don't think that this question can be answered until training camp. How is Coach Green going to use his D? This could shake out a few ways.

A) Status quo - Edler runs the PP1, Hughes & Myers get PP2 duties
    B) Hughes runs PP1 right from day one - Edler gets PP2 and Myers settles into to another role
    C) Myers runs PP1 - Edler and Hughes split PP2 duty (as Hughes is brought along slowly and Edler is phased out as they see what Myers a can do)
    D) Canucks run a 2D PP - if so you have to imagine that Edler and Hughes are the guys
    E) Someone gets hit by a bus
    F) None of the above
    G) All of the above
    H) Other
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"