Thread: Monster Messy Offer! (Hall)

The Great One

Default Monster Messy Offer! (Hall)

*** THIS IS HARD TO LOOK AT SO IM GOING TK TRY FORMATTING IT BETTER***

So I had a similar post but it was even less focused. In this I'll post the offer and my thoughts. Keep in mind I'm asking for an overlay because Halls contract this year is nuts, his project able numbers with better linemates and better health are off the charts and my team needs elite point getters and I'm trading one away- lol!

Daily changes, caphit is 30 mil over the NHL's, start 3c 3rw 3lw 3f 5d 2g and an 8 man bench with a deep farm system (mines depleted)

Cats are g a +/- sogs PPP shp and pins G: w sv% GAA saves and SO

C- Ziba Kadri Hinosteoza
    Lw- Hall Forsberg Evander
    Rw- Tarasenko Gallagher Hornqvist
    F- Johnson Kreider Perron
    D- EK Hamilton Krug Ghost Gus
    G- Andersen MAF
    BN- Kase Lehkonen Coleman Hartman Sikura Hronek Mrazek Merzlikins

*I've got v olofsson and c marody as guys I could swap in for sikura- no exposure to waivers so I can start whoever's hot.
    **Kovalchuk, maroon, Vanek, and jarnkrok are bench guys I could potentially use as injury replacements. Marion has a lot of multi cat upside (if he signs) and jarnkrok can be promoted/demoted for free and ays all 3 forward positions (he's my Swiss Army knife )
    ***Several and heed are my d replacements. At 1.5 even 25ish is brilliant for sekera. Also here had a pretty under the radar season last year when he was just under half a point per game. Played a roving high dog volume game in junior- and filled in admirably when Ek went down.

So the full offer is huge:

Hall Kreider Johnson MAF Hartman Sikura Hayden Sekera and a 5th
    For
    M Tkachuk b Tkachuk Schenn bishop Hintz Donato Ritchie cagiulla and blackwood.

My thinking was-

Hall and Johnson for both tkachuks is the starting point. Like I said hall is huge in this format at his price point. I added shenn for Kreider which I think is a wash. They are similar in points age and even peripherals- it does solve a hole for me though as he replaces Hino as my 3c. I also unused MAF for bishop in this tier of the trade. Bishop is awesome I get that- but we count wins and saves so having a workhorse like flower is a big deal. I know he is older as well but there is an expectation that BB might break down earlier is a big man- it's at least a valid concern. That's the core of the trade but I wanted to add depth that was the whole reason I approached the other owner about a trade lol! So...

First off I've had a lot of interest in sikura. My team has exactly 4 active goalies and not even a decent prospect after that. It would relieve a lot of stress to add a future goalie (which is what I think blackwood is). He'd also be good injury insurance as I have NOBODY lol! I added a 5th here due to positional scarcity.

Then I tried to add value at the bottom of the roster with depth pieces. I think Hall warrants multiple upgrades but I was trying to find a creative way of doing it without asking for a bunch of core lieces- Hintz Donato N Ritchie and Cagiulla for Hartman Hayden Kovalchuk Sekera. Like I said earlier sekeras got value newly signed at 1.5. Looking at this I'm wondering if I need to add? Hall is the bpa here and it seems like asking for some leeway at the bottom of the trade should be ok in theory. Hopefully he's not reading this because I'm conceding I might have to add a meaningful piece at the bottom here. Kovalchuk and Hartman might be ok for Hintz and caggiula. After that sekera and Hayden falls short for Donato and Ritchie (now that I see it in writing ).

I'll add maroon or gyshev and a future pick...

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Monster Messy Offer! (Hall)

So while reading this I was saying no no. Keep hall.

Then the end sounds like this isn’t don’t yet and then I’m like no way this other gm will do this. He won’t move that youth for what you are giving eventhough in my mind the Better option.

Hints people value very highly so will be hard to get. Also I think you are undervaluing hino and looking to replace him in the lineup.

And to wrap that up keep hall ��
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

The Great One

I think you should add 10 players on your side and ask for 15 more players more on his side. So he has lots to think about.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you should add 10 players on your side and ask for 15 more players more on his side. So he has lots to think about.
    Lol- constructive...

- - - Updated - - -

All good he told me one Tkachuk isn't worth hall because of... Stats...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    So while reading this I was saying no no. Keep hall.

Then the end sounds like this isn’t don’t yet and then I’m like no way this other gm will do this. He won’t move that youth for what you are giving eventhough in my mind the Better option.

Hints people value very highly so will be hard to get. Also I think you are undervaluing hino and looking to replace him in the lineup.

And to wrap that up keep hall ��
    It's not just replacing hino- I do think he slots in much better as a 4 or 5 c but on top of that I literally only have 3 C's on my active roster. Not ideal for optimizing starts. It's not just a lack of faith it's more a positional need..

Dobber Sports Genius

Let me try to break thru the noise and see what this actually is. First of all, we are talking Hall vs Tkachuk, Bishop vs Fluery, Kreider/Johnson (who?) vs Schenn/B Tkachuk, Sikura/Hartman vs Hintz/Donato. The rest, while good players are all noise when talking something this size.

SIDE 1:
    Hall/ Fluery/ Kreider/ Johnson (You mean Nashville Johansen, correct?)/ Sikura/ Hartman

SIDE 2:
    M Tkachuk/ Bishop/ Schenn/ B Tkachuk/ Hintz/ Donato

If this is correct then I want the Tkachuk side. Yes you are losing out on Hall but you are also dumping Kreider and Fluery before the downslope, Johansen plays for Nashville and they are fantasy death, and I don't have strong feelings towards Sikura or Hartman.

You are getting back and upcoming power forward in M. Tkachuk, a better goalie in Bishop, Schenn and Johanson is a wash, then you get B.Tkachuk, Hintz and Donato right before the upslope. Toss a goalie (voodoo) in there with Blackwood.

I can get behind this move.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"