Thread: Kakko + for Hughes

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kakko + for Hughes

Would anybody trade Kakko + another good young forward for Jack Hughes?

Rebuilding team in a 12 Team Full Keeper Dynasty League.

Hughes is the perfect piece to build around IMO
    12 team full keeper dynasty league HeadtoHead - Point-Based

G/ A/P/ PPP/+/-/PIM/SOG/FOW/Hit/TK/BLK/GA/SV/SHO/W

C - Johansen, Giroux, Seguin, Hughes
    LW - Laine, Benn, Landeskog, Ehlers
    RW - Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Tkachuk, Boeser
    D - Seider, Doughty, Jones, D. Hamilton
    G - Andersen, Fleury, Saros
    Prospects - Guenther, Hofer, Lundkvist,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Kakko + for Hughes

I just traded Binnington and Huberdeau for the first overall, and i am not rebuilding.

It would take a significant + for me to consider trading Hughes for Kakko, although i really really like Kakko
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Giant

I think I would just keep Kakko, especially in a deep league with positions that has SOG and Hits. The fact that you score Points in addition to Goals and Assists acts in favor of Hughes, and he is definitely a perfect kind of player to build around in your setup. But the thing is, Kakko's value as a winger in your league is also going to be immense. He's arguably just as valuable as Hughes, if not more so, because of the fact that he's going to play wing. Add in the fact it's a multi-category league with shots and hits, I think Kakko takes the cake here.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Seems like a debate of

Malkin vs ovy
    Laine vs matthews
    Etc

One gives winger categories and has more hits etc, other is a C and will provide you with FOW.

Both kakkoo and hughes are pieces i would build around and whoever i have on my team. I sure wouldnt give kakko+ for hughes, both are equal to me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I doubt your sig is current, but if it’s those categories no. If it’s points only, probably still no. Depends what the plus is though. Would you trade Laine and the same plus for Matthews?

Dobber Sports Padawan

If you are rebuilding, if the + includes draft picks, not worth it.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would keep Kakko because of the extra you would have to give up..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

No, I wouldn't do that in pretty much any format. If it's the sig in your format, I would take Kakko #1, so definitely not.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

You never know with youngsters, but right now you'd have to add quite a bit to Laine if you want Matthews. I somehow feel this might happen with Hughes and Kakko also. First 1 or 2 Years it'll be Kakko, but from then on - give me Hughes all the way and it's not as close as people seem to think. Hughes will put up numerous 100 + point seasons, i don't think Kakko will...
    C: Nuge, Tavares, Staal
    RW: Wheeler, Kane, Setoguchi
    LW: Lupul, Ennis, Perron
    D: Doughty, Carlson, Fowler, Whitney
    G: Smith, Hiller, Gustavsson

Farm: D. Hamilton, Armia, J. Campbell

14 players have posted 100+ point seasons since 2010 (2010!!!!). The only players to do it multiple times are Crosby, McDavid, Kane, and Kucherov. I’ll take the hard and drastic under on “numerous 100+ point seasons” starting in his D+3 year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, that's a bold statement. I think he's capable of putting up 100 points in the future, but I'm not confident it'll be numerous times. P. Kane has 2 - 100 point seasons - a player that Hughes has been compared to, but his first wasn't until his 9th season, or something like that. I think the hype is legit with Hughes but I don't think he's that far ahead of Kakko in terms of production. I think the Kakko hype is just as legit. 100 point seasons are hard for any player so I'd be quick to pump the breaks on saying Hughes will be a consistent 100 point player throughout his career.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov