Thread: Which handcuff?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Which handcuff?

For the team in the Sig.

I own Hart and Koskinen as my main starters. Our league rules are goalies under 85 games played can rotate in and out of the minors. Hart will likely be eligible for this most of the season. Koskinen will time out by Christmas give or take.

We can only have 2 goalies on our main roster. Assuming one spot is for one of the aforementioned pair, which handcuff should I hold onto for the time being.

Currently I have Smith as I feel he is in a better role to usurp the starting role. But should I get Elliott instead?

TL;DR

Mike Smith or Brian Elliott for the start of season with categories of Wins, Saves, SV%, and GAA
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Which handcuff?

I think I would lean to Smith here. I am not a believer in Koskinen and Koskinen was signed by the old management group. Smith was signed by Holland... and Holland is a smarty guy... I would go with Holland's goalie here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would prefer Elliott & Hart.
    Philly has better D.
    Elliott wasn't bad when he played last year.. and well Hart's the best of the bunch
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Big Daddy

Where is the Neither Button? It’s a roll of the dice with either tandem I’d say.

Dobber Sports Superstar

If you are picking between handcuffs I take Philly over Edmonton.

If you are picking between Smith and Elliott I pick Smith over Elliott. Hart is the best goalie of the bunch and it's clear he's the now and the future, he will get plenty of opportunities. Edmonton is much more of a dead heat IMO. The only reason Koskinen is the "starter" is his big contract and that he was the starter last year. With a new GM and new coach Koskinen does not have any claim to the starter's job and Smith could easily beat him out quickly and for the season. Obviously the risk in being wrong is that you don't have a starter from either team for short periods of time.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    If you are picking between handcuffs I take Philly over Edmonton.

If you are picking between Smith and Elliott I pick Smith over Elliott. Hart is the best goalie of the bunch and it's clear he's the now and the future, he will get plenty of opportunities. Edmonton is much more of a dead heat IMO. The only reason Koskinen is the "starter" is his big contract and that he was the starter last year. With a new GM and new coach Koskinen does not have any claim to the starter's job and Smith could easily beat him out quickly and for the season. Obviously the risk in being wrong is that you don't have a starter from either team for short periods of time.
    This what I was thinking too. I feel Smiths situation is the better to hold onto but Philly the better team. Hart would have to Steve Mason himself out of the starts position so less scared there. Thanks for the response!
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think I prefer Smith. I like Elliott a lot, but I'm not confident about either team's defense right now with the the Oilers sucking, and the Flyers making moves that seem to go backwards. The new coach will help there, though.

Smith is more likely to grab the job and run with it, which means Koskinen can float for you longer.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

your probably not going to win the g.a.a / sve pctg cats often so you may as well add the G who will seemingly get more starts so that you can pad the wins / saves cats .

out of the gate , my guess would be Smith over Elliott