Thread: Salary cap bind

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Salary cap bind

League in signature. I own Jordan Staal and his 6m cap hit. I am right up against the cap. No trades have been able to be negotiated. If Staal was going to for sure be the 2nd line center, I wouldn't be too worried. I am leaning towards him being the 3rd line center and 2nd PP though. If that is the case, is he really worth 6m? In my league, the FO% and Hits are valuable. But not for that price in my opinion. My other centers are Monahan/Trocheck/Richardson. Think I am alright on FO%? Would it be a bad move to drop Staal for say Eakin/Weal to save a few million? Or even Carter to save 800k? I also need another dman. I could drop Staal for Edler. Opinions?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Salary cap bind

I have Jordan Staal in a league that is almost exactly the same. Staal is one of the best face-off men in the league. If your league is a H2H league, then you can look at FO% being just as important as any other CAT. He is an elite face-off man. That said, if you are capped out he is a guy that you can move on from as FO% doesn't bleed over to any of the other CATS. However, neither Weal or Eakin take enough face-offs to bother having them on your roster just to bump your FO%.

EDIT: Why the hell is Edler on the WW? Over the past few seasons (injury adjusted) he has been a top 10 D with those CATS.
    Last edited by Moses; August 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM. Reason: Edler
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    League in signature. I own Jordan Staal and his 6m cap hit. I am right up against the cap. No trades have been able to be negotiated. If Staal was going to for sure be the 2nd line center, I wouldn't be too worried. I am leaning towards him being the 3rd line center and 2nd PP though. If that is the case, is he really worth 6m? In my league, the FO% and Hits are valuable. But not for that price in my opinion. My other centers are Monahan/Trocheck/Richardson. Think I am alright on FO%? Would it be a bad move to drop Staal for say Eakin/Weal to save a few million? Or even Carter to save 800k? I also need another dman. I could drop Staal for Edler. Opinions?
    Staal's pretty valuable for you but so would Edler. Is the only move here Staal for Edler?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Run, do not walk to the wire, and get Edler. He's going to lose some PP1 time this year, I think, but he's cheaper and way more useful.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Edler in leagues that count hit/block is phenomenal the past couple years.
    just know you need a filler for 20ish games throughout the year.
    I'd make that move.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just noticed Mike Green (DET) is available as well. So it would be Edler/Green as a choice

Dobber Sports Jedi

Just noticed Mike Green (DET) is available as well. So it would be Edler/Green as a choice
    Green more points
    Edler - much more multi-cat value
    Green = Edler = injury expectation
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Edler. He's much more versatile.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Icon

Edler.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Deity

To be honest, I don't trust Green or Edler to stay healthy enough to make me want them over JStaal. I know, people will look at Staal and the time he missed last year, but go back and look at all three when it comes to injuries and time missed and you'll see that last year was really the first time Staal has missed significant time. The other two are regulars when it comes to missing time.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."