Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6th Overall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default 6th Overall

Hey all,

I have 6th overall (just drafted Hughes 1st overall) and this is a huge point in the rebuild, really don't want to screw it up. Hughes, Kakko, Turcotte, Byram, Dach already moved. Who should I take next?

I have some offers to move down but nothing amazing so I'll probably pick. Torn between Cozens or Zegras (Cozens seems better but he'll always be second fiddle to Eichel), but is there a third guy I'm missing.

Any help is appreciated and will be repped!!
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: 6th Overall

Zegras' skill set is way to dynamic for me to pass him by.
    The only thing standing in his way to #1 C in Anh. is time...
    I like Cozens too, but without hits - I'll give up a few PIM for Zegras
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Caufield?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Caufield

Dobber Sports Rookie

caufield .... i'm in Montreal and honestly i don't see all the hype ... Please don't get me wrong cause i think Caufield has a GREAT talent to score goals... Montreal is a cimetery for prospects ahahah i would cry my life being draftred in montreal if i was a kid.

In Montreal, who's gonna pass him the puck ?? Kotkaniemi (who's gonna find strenght, speed and cut the lenght of his stick to upgrade is puck handing), suzuki, Romanov, Danault lol . He will not be playing with guys like Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, York, Boldy who is as big of a threat as him to pass him the puck while the only thing he has to do is stand in the faceoff zone with the stick scranked up in the sky waithing for the puck to come. To score goals you gotta have at least another player on your line to attract attention beside you or the goalie will always be looking at you cause he knows your the shootter.

Don't wanna start a war or something but it's my opinion. Sorry for my english but it's not my first language.

*** Again not saying caufield is not good, i'm saying the team he plays in isn't ***

Dobber Sports Star

Caufield

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    caufield .... i'm in Montreal and honestly i don't see all the hype ... Please don't get me wrong cause i think Caufield has a GREAT talent to score goals... Montreal is a cimetery for prospects ahahah i would cry my life being draftred in montreal if i was a kid.

In Montreal, who's gonna pass him the puck ?? Kotkaniemi (who's gonna find strenght, speed and cut the lenght of his stick to upgrade is puck handing), suzuki, Romanov, Danault lol . He will not be playing with guys like Hughes, Turcotte, Zegras, York, Boldy who is as big of a threat as him to pass him the puck while the only thing he has to do is stand in the faceoff zone with the stick scranked up in the sky waithing for the puck to come. To score goals you gotta have at least another player on your line to attract attention beside you or the goalie will always be looking at you cause he knows your the shootter.

Don't wanna start a war or something but it's my opinion. Sorry for my english but it's not my first language.

*** Again not saying caufield is not good, i'm saying the team he plays in isn't ***
    The number of players who are excellent at creating their own shooting opportunities and also are excellent at finishing is a tiny number. Frankly, at 6, you're probably not going to get one. Naturally, you're probably going to get a guy who is primarily a playmaker or a shooter. Of course most forwards require some measure of help from teammates. We could just as easily say who will Zegras pass to. If we ruled out everyone that couldn't create and finish all by themselves, then we'd eliminate everyone but the elite of the elite.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Zegras or Caufield for me. Don't think you can really go wrong with either one.
    24 Team H2H Pts Cap Dyn
    4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 4B 27M

G (1) A (1) +/- (.25) PIM (.05) SOG (.05) PPP (.5) HIT (.05) BLK (.05) FOW (.01)
    W (1.75) GA (-1) SV (.1) SO (3)

C: Seguin, Kuznetsov, Trocheck, Johansen, Kostin
    LW: Benn, Lindblom, Dickinson, Kubalik
    RW: Tuch, Fabbri, Bjorkstrand, Terry
    D: Klingberg, Chabot, Girard, Spurgeon, C Miller, Theodore, Marino
    G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

C: Elvenes, Vorobyev, Spacek, Jones, Eyssimont, Daviddson, Shvyrev
    LW: Dorofyev, Koivula, Shalagin, Dugan, Cates, Ranta
    RW: Volkov, Fortier, Evans, Blichfeld, Legare, Tieksola
    D: Laaksonen, Gilbert, Pilut
    G: Samsonov, Sorokin, Knight, Zagidulin

Dobber Sports Pro

If it's for the league in your sig, then I'd go with Zegras over Caufield or Cozens. The #1 C spot is wide open for Zegras (or #2 at worst if Steel takes it). The topper for me is your league counts PIMs and Zegras has high-skill, Ken Linseman chippy-style written all over him.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Tu as raison mais avec Montréal qui est mauvais , vont peut-être de l’aide au draft prochain

Thank you all so so much for your help, it's truly appreciated. I repped where I could.

I took Zegras, liked his clearer path and the PiM. You guys nearly tempted me with Caufield but I stayed on the Zegras train. I appreciate all your help and advice.
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Sorry but I think you are wrong saying he won't have anybody skilled enough to pass him the puck. Montreal prospect pool is one of the best in the league and playmakers is not what they miss. Domi, Drouin, Kotkianemi and Suzuki are all excellent playmakers. I even think that being draft by the Habs is actually one of the best fit for him because a goal scorer is exactly what they need. You have a right to your own opinion and it's fine but I'm sure you'll find that you were wrong in a couple of years when he scores 40 goals. Btw I'm also from Montreal and I think you should be more optimistic about the Habs futur, it's bright! 😉

Dobber Sports Jedi

elite prospects has Mtl's prospect pool ranked #6 in NHL currently
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

This is an awful take. Montreal has one of the better prospect pools in the league.
    Alternative Hockey League
    20 team keeper
    We play head to head on nights when there are 6 or more NHL games scheduled
    We start with a cap of $60, but cap can be traded
    We dress up to 6 forwards, 4 dmen and a goalie (team not individual) each game
    23 player active roster and 3 goalies plus a reserve of up to 5 players
    20 player farm team
    1 point for a goal, 0.5 for an assist and -0.5 for a goal against your (team) goalies
    F: Blake Wheeler, Sean Couturier, Jake Guentzel, Anders Lee, Reilly Smith, Brayden Schenn, Jakob Silfverberg, Ryan Donato, Jordan Greenway, Alex Kerfoot, Filip Chlapik
    D: P.K. Subban, Shayne Gostisbehere, Jake Muzzin, Oscar Klefbom, Colin Miller, Mike Matheson, Christian Wolanin, Kyle Capobianco
    G: Winnipeg Jets, Florida Panthers

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane87 View Post
    Sorry but I think you are wrong saying he won't have anybody skilled enough to pass him the puck. Montreal prospect pool is one of the best in the league and playmakers is not what they miss. Domi, Drouin, Kotkianemi and Suzuki are all excellent playmakers. I even think that being draft by the Habs is actually one of the best fit for him because a goal scorer is exactly what they need. You have a right to your own opinion and it's fine but I'm sure you'll find that you were wrong in a couple of years when he scores 40 goals. Btw I'm also from Montreal and I think you should be more optimistic about the Habs futur, it's bright! 😉
    Agree with all this