Thread: Help Needed for Forward Keeper Selection - Ehlers, Lindholm, Nylander

Dobber Sports Newbie

Question Help Needed for Forward Keeper Selection - Ehlers, Lindholm, Nylander

Hi all,
    Looking for a little insight/help. Couple open spots left for my keepers. 2 spots available for KELLER, EHLERS, LINDHOLM, or NYLANDER.

10-team Keeper (Keep 10 + Rook)
    G, A, SHOTS, PIM, +/-,

Currently have:
    F: Matthews, Giroux, Meier, Monahan, Lindholm, Nylander, Ehlers, Keller
    D: Krug, Trouba, Heiskanen (R),
    G: Gibson, Jones

Big Daddy

Default Re: Help Needed for Forward Keeper Selection - Ehlers, Lindholm, Nylander

I would imagine most responses will say Lindholm plus one of Keller or Nylander but I’d pass on Lindholm. I don’t think his number are sustainable and we could have another Willam Karlsson on our hands. I’d go with Nylander and Keller.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help Needed for Forward Keeper Selection - Ehlers, Lindholm, Nylander

I think this is razor close. Gun to my head and I have them in this order (based on OP's settings):

Keller
    Ehlers
    Nylander
    Lindholm

The Great One

My prediction for upcoming season:

Lindholm - 72 pts
    Nylander - 68 pts
    Keller - 63 pts
    Ehlers - 57 pts
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think I view Ehlers similar to Paul Maurice... basically means his deployment will continue to piss fantasy GM's off - basically means exclude him.

I'm with Duster on this one.. but also really hesitant to throw Keller in there. At the same time... when you see the list of players that put up 65pts in a season at his age... YIKES... He's a player I'll put $$ on for the over.

For me...

Nylander - is your lock.
    Keller - biggest upside and sometimes you just close your eyes and swing.

Lindholm - was last year his big swing and this year's his fall back to earth? even a little he falls behind Keller.

Ehlers - thanks Maurice.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

No one has been more pissed at Ehler's than me; however, it's limited categories and his shot volume is better than Nylander and Lindholm. I think they're all 60-70 points.

Big Daddy

I was a big Ehlers believer but I finally traded him away last season in my main keeper. He has the potential but just doesn’t get the deployment.

Dobber Sports Stud

As a leafs fan, I was disgusted by Nylander last year and while I am also calling for a big comeback this year; he could find himself in Ehlers territory this year. If he's not on the first unit PP, he could disappoint again as he put up very similar numbers to Ehlers before both mailed it in last year. Keller to me is the best of this bunch; he's the only real driver in here as the others are pretty dependent on their line mates and deployment whereas Keller is a lock on PP1.