Thread: Help with my Rebuild

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Help with my Rebuild

I need some help with my rebuild, after going hard for the win in the last 5 season. took 2 first 3 2nd place. I need to retool and get some younger guys again. So far this off season through draft. So far this off season i moved big Buff out for Turcotte and Comtois who i can stash on my farm for up to 5 seasons. I also traded picks 3,4,5 in the draft and used my own 2 prospect picks to added Fabbro Byram Batherson Boldy and Podkolkin. I also had Duclair still on my farm.

This leaves me w my team in my sig. My text moves are to move Benn and Oreily as they seem to be gaining the most interest and are not part of my rebuild. My question is would me moving Benn for Seragev and draft picks make sense as adding another young d that will be good has been hard to do. With Oreily i was looking at adding Komecncy +. The plus in both these deals will be very minor maybe a pick swap for next season.

Thanks for the hekp
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Help with my Rebuild

I think Sergachev is a nice buy low here and Benn is definitely on his last legs. He's an old 30 year old with a lot of miles, and the additions in Dallas have improved his value (but they may actually hurt his numbers as less ice time available).

I'd do that

Dobber Sports Icon

I would definitely pull the trigger on the Sergachev deal if it's on the table. He's the perfect type of player to target.

I would be looking for more than that for ROR though, still young enough and is coming of the season of a lifetime.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Newbie

Sergachev plus picks for Benn I would do, but I don't know about O'Reilly for Konecny +. All depends on the "+". I think O'Reilly could have enough gas in the tank to be effective for another 2-3 yrs, which is nice even on a rebuilding team. Maybe you offload him to a contender when he's on a burner and you get more for him than in the offseason???

Dobber Sports Jedi

i'd want to know what picks are involved for Benn as well as the + with Konecny.

Perhaps post the trade offers you receive for each to review
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Wizard

i think its bad idea to trade Benn right now...im one of those who believe he will bounce back into 70 points category and with your scoring cats that should make him a stud both with production and on the trade market at the deadline next year
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm unsure why you need to rebuild this roster right now. You've done a retooling by dealing Byfuglien.

I don't like Benn for Sergachev + unless it's a good plus. Benn is normally very good in your settings, and I think people are reacting to a subpar season rather strongly. I've acquired Benn in my dynasty multi-cat, and was very happy with it. If it's a minor draft pick, it's not enough. However, if you feel you need a younger D that badly, maybe it makes sense.

However, O'Reilly for Konecny+ intrigues me. Both players are definitely in their teams plans right now. O'Reilly is coming of a career year, but maybe that's pretty repeatbale. Konecny actually gives you more in the grit peripherals, and is a clear top-6 forward.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Both returns seem a little light to me, but I do get that some leagues drastically overvalue youth. How hard have you shopped these players?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Help with my Rebuild ** update **

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Both returns seem a little light to me, but I do get that some leagues drastically overvalue youth. How hard have you shopped these players?
    So the reason I was rebuilding was the other 8 teams all have better teams and way better draft picks in this draft. I don't pick in the first 60 picks so I would be really behind this season.

So offer's on the table.

trade 1: Move Benn and a 2020 8th rd pick (around 75th overall) for M.Sergachev and 2020 2nd rd pick which will be around 9th-12th overall + a extra farm team pick in next years nhl draft pick 9-18th overall in 2020 draft.

trade 2: Move Benn and a 14th rd pick ( around 120th in draft) for Josh Morrisey and a 3rd rd pick in the 2020 draft ( around 25th overall)

I will visit the ROR trade later once i move Benn
    Year 18 keeper pool. 10 GM roto pool. Keep 2 Centers, 3 Wings,3 Defence,1 Goalie,1 extra. and Prospects up to 5 years after drafted if not activated.
    G, A ,PPG, PPA, Shots, Hits, Blocks, SHP,W, GAA, Sv%, SO ( goals and assist are worth 1.5 points) (shp worth .5)

Centers: S Aho, J.T Miller

Wings: M.Tkachuk, A.Svechnikov, Fiala, Giroux

Defence: Josi,Makar,Chychrun

Goalie: Georgiev

(IR)

Farm: Byfield, Byram, Mercer, Lundkvist Frost, Boldy, Comtois, Fabbro, Nemec , Barlow, Carlsson, Dvorsky,

2015 & 2016 BPKL CHAMPS!

Dobber Sports Wizard

trade 2 for Benn is so weak its crazy...trade one is better but in my opinion you need better piece coming back than Sergachev....who is not that great in your format and who will not get top PP duties for at least 5 years.

maybe i was opportunistic a bit but i traded Benn and Getzlav mid last season for Barkov...i really dont like your return.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones