Thread: How much for Buch?

The Great One

Default How much for Buch?

In a dynasty these would literally be my last three prospects of value: olofsson sikura bear and I'd probably have to add a decent pick. For buchnevich. Worth?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: How much for Buch?

This is tough... I mean, you're talking the bottom of your prospect roster.... yet 3 prospects and a pick for a guy that hasn't seemed to completely commit himself to the game yet. that's tough. I really like Olofsson too.
    That's a kid that could walk into the Sabres line up in Oct and surprise. A 40+pt season from him alone this season wouldn't shock me
    There looks to be top 6 openings walking into this season in Buffalo

Once you get beyond this group: Eichel, Mitts, Skinner, Reinhart
    It drops off - Johansson, Okposo, Rodriguqez, Vesey, Thompson

63pts in 66gp - 1st AHL season on smaller ice...

Just typing this out convinces me to pass.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

seriously emu, I want to help you out but often lately your fantasy postings seem rushed and I have a hard time deciphering the details of your question...are you saying you have to give up Olofsson, Sikura, Bear, and a decent draft pick to acquire Buchnevich?

Assuming that is the case, then I will say on the surface that is a lot to give up for the Buchnevich. I'm not sure I'd do that. If you only have to give up one of those prospects and a pick, then I'd go for Buchnevich.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Master

Too much to give up for Buchnevich in my opinion.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Pro

I would do that trade for sure.

Yes it's a lot to give up but by the time the rookies are ever to going to do something close to what Buch is doing you will have drafted other rookies and you can still make some trade. ( if they ever do something....)

With Kakko and Panarin in town and the other young players. I think it's the last time The value of Buchnevich is low. I might love him too much but he is a special player to become. My 2 cent...
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    seriously emu, I want to help you out but often lately your fantasy postings seem rushed and I have a hard time deciphering the details of your question...are you saying you have to give up Olofsson, Sikura, Bear, and a decent draft pick to acquire Buchnevich?

Assuming that is the case, then I will say on the surface that is a lot to give up for the Buchnevich. I'm not sure I'd do that. If you only have to give up one of those prospects and a pick, then I'd go for Buchnevich.
    Sorry dude you're not wrong. I usually only have wifi when I'm at work and I'm not supposed to be posting at work- lol! On top of that I suck with phones and autocorrect- I've had nothing but issues with them. I do apologize- it's frustrating when you want to help and someone's post is a puzzle just to muddle through...

That being said- yes that is the offer. I initially asked for a second coming back with Buch and he said bear likely won't amount to much so he'd basically need me to add a second to consider the deal. I have no picks this year and next year I have 3 4 6 and 7. If I went for it I was debating offering a 4th next year. It seems like an awful lol to give up though. Also buchs contract- 3.25 isn't a dealbreaker perse but I'm right and squidgy up against the cap so giving up two active elcs for one at 3.25 is definitely a factor....

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sharpp87 View Post
    I would do that trade for sure.

Yes it's a lot to give up but by the time the rookies are ever to going to do something close to what Buch is doing you will have drafted other rookies and you can still make some trade. ( if they ever do something....)

With Kakko and Panarin in town and the other young players. I think it's the last time The value of Buchnevich is low. I might love him too much but he is a special player to become. My 2 cent...
    I wouldn't have anymore picks til 2020 and my prospect depth is very shallow. Talking about John Hayden, golyshev, zetterlund, heed trenin and CJ smith- it actually gets worse from there lol!

I hear ya though. There's no guarantee he'll accept but I'm thinking of sending the pitch...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Sorry dude you're not wrong. I usually only have wifi when I'm at work and I'm not supposed to be posting at work- lol! On top of that I suck with phones and autocorrect- I've had nothing but issues with them. I do apologize- it's frustrating when you want to help and someone's post is a puzzle just to muddle through...

That being said- yes that is the offer. I initially asked for a second coming back with Buch and he said bear likely won't amount to much so he'd basically need me to add a second to consider the deal. I have no picks this year and next year I have 3 4 6 and 7. If I went for it I was debating offering a 4th next year. It seems like an awful lol to give up though. Also buchs contract- 3.25 isn't a dealbreaker perse but I'm right and squidgy up against the cap so giving up two active elcs for one at 3.25 is definitely a factor....
    No worries, emu...looks like I understood the situation correctly. I wouldn't personally give up all those assets for Buchnevich. I know the potential is there, but he is still a risk and given it might be hard to also fit in his cap hit, then I'd just move on from this. I'd prefer to package or or two of these prospects with another roster player to get a better upgrade for you, at some point in the future even that isn't an option right now.

If you deal away your only remaining assets to land Buchnevich, you will have trouble making a deal after the season starts if you get into injury trouble or find you are especially weak at a certain position/statistical category.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    I wouldn't have anymore picks til 2020 and my prospect depth is very shallow. Talking about John Hayden, golyshev, zetterlund, heed trenin and CJ smith- it actually gets worse from there lol!

I hear ya though. There's no guarantee he'll accept but I'm thinking of sending the pitch...
    Add this reason to my above post as another reason not to make that deal.
    Seems like i'm the only one that really values Olofsson... hmm.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Add this reason to my above post as another reason not to make that deal.
    Seems like i'm the only one that really values Olofsson... hmm.
    I love olofsson to lucafen- it just seems like there's so much buzz around buchnevich these days. Also I'm feeling a little conflicted because I traded Terry for Buch basically straight up- lol! I still like Terry though

But yea I'm a big goalofsson fan. I was bored one day and reading through the buffalo threads at hfboards and fans who have seen him live are blown away especially by his release. I'm sure it's hyperbolic but they were saying laine-esque- lol! I think the supposition is basically that he's one of those guys who can beat a goalie clean from 15 feet out with some kind of regularity. I am a big fan but I kind of hoping he can hit like a 30-30 type of (absolute) upside whereas Buch might have gamebreaking upside in his future if he can iron out the consistency issues. I love olofsson but not sure I see him as that type of player.

Sounds like a moot point though. Other gm hates sikura so he's not ok with him being the second piece and I had Ethan bear as the third piece but I added him in another deal to land Kase (viliardi Pacioretty bear for kase hornqvist).

I might be able to swap in market? Not sure that's even a feasible number two but I'd still need to find a solid third asset and give up a high pick. Shaping up to be too much. Thisast move gave me see upside to get excited about in made and I can just keep olofsson sikura and marody as "lottery tickets" so to speak at the bottom of my roster...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    No worries, emu...looks like I understood the situation correctly. I wouldn't personally give up all those assets for Buchnevich. I know the potential is there, but he is still a risk and given it might be hard to also fit in his cap hit, then I'd just move on from this. I'd prefer to package or or two of these prospects with another roster player to get a better upgrade for you, at some point in the future even that isn't an option right now.

If you deal away your only remaining assets to land Buchnevich, you will have trouble making a deal after the season starts if you get into injury trouble or find you are especially weak at a certain position/statistical category.
    Lol yea you puzzled it out anyways- haha! I agree with you. I think keeping a few elcs with pop potential at the bottom of my roster seems like a better strategy than overpaying to try and jam Buch in there. Like you say having trade equity later is not a bad thing either. A rough sketch of my roster is looking pretty good right now anyways imo...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Terry will give you a solid return this year... wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Buchnevich in pts immediately