Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pettersson Trade ...worth the hype!!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pettersson Trade ...worth the hype!!

Hi All,

Im hoping I can get some insight if Elias Pettersson is worth trading for. One of managers in our Keeper League has shown interest in the following players, Marner, Barkov, Huberdeau, and Barrie. There are several conversations we have had on a combination of trades. He wanted to do a one for one swap for either Marner or Barkov. Im not sure if I am getting fair value for Pettersson after his first year for these players. The other option was a Huberdeau + Barrie for his Pettersson + Alex Pietrangelo. I really dont know if Pieterangelo will be the elite Dman he was in the past compared to Barrie! I know a lot of mangers are putting a lot of stock on Pettersson being a superstar, but are any of the following trades worth his value in return?

1) My Marner for his Pettersson
    2) My Barkov for is Pettersson
    3) My Huberdeau + Barrie for his Pettersson + Alex Pietrangelo

Looking forward to getting some great advice!!
    Molson Canadian - Semi Keeper League - 14 Teams

Categories
    FWD/D - Goals (3), Asts(2), PPP(1), Game Winning Goal(1) SOG (.2), Hits (0.3), Blocks (0.3),
    GOALIE - Wins (4), GA (-1), Saves (0.2), SO (2)
    Roster Positions: [B] C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR + (For Goalies)

Daily Starts - H 2 H Settings, Weekly Mon to Sun (Yahoo)

Keepers are in BOLD

Forwards - Wheeler (C/RW), Suzuki (C/RW), Huberdeau (LW), Borkstrand (LW/RW), Ehlers (LW,RW), Puljujarvi (RW), E Lindholm
    Burakovsky (LW/RW), Batherson (RW)
    Defence - Drysdale, Makar, Seider, Krug
    Goal - Shesterkin, Petersen
    IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Pettersson Trade ...worth the hype!!

I'd take deal #3 of the lot. It's a close deal; I think I take it though

Dobber Sports Wizard

i would not touch any of those...but if i had to choose one its #3
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

On the surface they all suck, but how many do you keep?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i would not touch any of those...but if i had to choose one its #3
    This.
    Devils & Predators fan

Big Daddy

I don’t like any of those offers. Trading Marner or Barkov straight up for Pettersson would be a huge mistake. The third offer is a lot better but still not something I would accept. Counter with Huberdeau for Pettersson straight up.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    I don’t like any of those offers. Trading Marner or Barkov straight up for Pettersson would be a huge mistake. The third offer is a lot better but still not something I would accept. Counter with Huberdeau for Pettersson straight up.
    Even that's an over payment IMO.
    I think you're drinking the koolaid if you ready to give up a player like that for a player who has 1 rookie season under his belt.

If he's only interested in Marner, Barkov, Huberdeau and Barrie, for me the conversation starts around Barrie for Petterssen.
    Then build around that.

Looking at the roster in you signature, maybe:
    Barrie & Ehlers for Petterssen & Pietrangelo,

Or something else other than Pietrangelo depending on what he's got on his roster.
    Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I have an option of keeping all my players if I wish. The rules are we have a option to keep all players drafted after the first 5 rounds for three years. This 3 year period starts this year. Every player I have in my team at the moment could possibly be a keeper for this duration. I wa leaning towards dropping Rittich and Drouin so I could utilize the first 5 rounds of the draft this year.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Molson Canadian View Post
    I have an option of keeping all my players if I wish. The rules are we have a option to keep all players drafted after the first 5 rounds for three years. This 3 year period starts this year. Every player I have in my team at the moment could possibly be a keeper for this duration. I wa leaning towards dropping Rittich and Drouin so I could utilize the first 5 rounds of the draft this year.
    Is there any consequence to doing that?

If not that seems like a good idea as you have a solid team.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by evans334 View Post
    Even that's an over payment IMO.
    I think you're drinking the koolaid if you ready to give up a player like that for a player who has 1 rookie season under his belt.
    Same can be said for Huberdeau. Aside from last season, his whole career has been injury plagued and underwhelming. He has been a 60-70 point player leading up to this season. I get he is coming off a 90+ point season but there is no guarantee he repeats those numbers. If you want the young new shiny toy you have to pay the price. Otherwise, keep what you have.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Same can be said for Huberdeau. Aside from last season, his whole career has been injury plagued and underwhelming. He has been a 60-70 point player leading up to this season. I get he is coming off a 90+ point season but there is no guarantee he repeats those numbers. If you want the young new shiny toy you have to pay the price. Otherwise, keep what you have.
    Fair enough.

I just see Huberdeau as safer bet to reproduce and come close to those numbers again more so than Petterssen will, in the short term.
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Only downside is that Drouin and Rittich would go back into the draft. Knowing our managers these two would be drafted after the 5th round and therefore become keepers for other managers. I would like to keep Drouin and but been patiently waiting for him to have a breakout year. Not sure if this is Drouin's ceiling. Rittich only issue is will he become a starter for Calgary.

If I drop the two I have an option in the upcoming draft to use my 4th and 5th round picks. If I decide to keep both then I only draft in the first 3 rounds in this draft. Which limits me in the draft.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Molson Canadian View Post
    Only downside is that Drouin and Rittich would go back into the draft. Knowing our managers these two would be drafted after the 5th round and therefore become keepers for other managers. I would like to keep Drouin and but been patiently waiting for him to have a breakout year. Not sure if this is Drouin's ceiling. Rittich only issue is will he become a starter for Calgary.

If I drop the two I have an option in the upcoming draft to use my 4th and 5th round picks. If I decide to keep both then I only draft in the first 3 rounds in this draft. Which limits me in the draft.
    With only 1 starting G slot and Vasilevskiy already on your squad you'll only get about 27 starts out of Rittich if he ends up being the starter.
    He could very well end up splitting start with Talbot.

Not sure how many goalies are available, but you can probably find better options than that.
    Take a look at this bad boy right here:
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...light=SNT+tool

As for Drouin, I think at this point his name value is worth more than his actual value.

What type of players are generally around in the 4th and 5th rounds?
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think I'd pass on all 3 deals. In the short term - you lose all 3.
    Long term - #3 you should win the EP-Hubs side, but lose Barrie/Piet - so a break even more or less.

Marner needs to go into your DO NOT TRADE box. Barkov is knocking on that door.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Genius

I am trading Huberdeau for Pettersson and I am mashing the accept button to do it. Sure, it is a gamble, but the pay-off could be massive. As soon as Pettersson puts some meat on his bones (and avoids the injury bug) I think we are could be talking about him in the elite of the elite catagory. Pettersson is going to hold, if not increase, his fantasy value this season. Huberdeau just had a career year and I don't see him improving on his totals from last year. What you saw last season is Huberdeau's ceiling.

I don't see a big difference between Barrie and Pietrangelo. There final 40 games last season were extremely similar. (I will concede that Barrie has a better fantasy track record). Both guys are UFA at seasons end. One is playing for a new coach and team. One is playing on a team and sytem he is familiar with. If you have to include these guys to make the trade work then so be it (reluctantly from a one year point of view).

I think if we were to revisit this in a season the cost to acquire Pettersson is going to be much higher. I am buying the hype.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"