Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pettersson Trade ...worth the hype!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Pettersson Trade ...worth the hype!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am trading Huberdeau for Pettersson and I am mashing the accept button to do it. Sure, it is a gamble, but the pay-off could be massive. As soon as Pettersson puts some meat on his bones (and avoids the injury bug) I think we are could be talking about him in the elite of the elite catagory. Pettersson is going to hold, if not increase, his fantasy value this season. Huberdeau just had a career year and I don't see him improving on his totals from last year. What you saw last season is Huberdeau's ceiling.

I don't see a big difference between Barrie and Pietrangelo. There final 40 games last season were extremely similar. (I will concede that Barrie has a better fantasy track record). Both guys are UFA at seasons end. One is playing for a new coach and team. One is playing on a team and sytem he is familiar with. If you have to include these guys to make the trade work then so be it (reluctantly from a one year point of view).

I think if we were to revisit this in a season the cost to acquire Pettersson is going to be much higher. I am buying the hype.
    That was my thinking as well. Last chance to grab him

Dobber Sports Wizard

[QUOTE=lucafen4;1996349]I think I'd pass on all 3 deals. In the short term - you lose all 3.
    Long term - #3 you should win the EP-Hubs side, but lose Barrie/Piet - so a break even more or less.

Marner needs to go into your DO NOT TRADE box. Barkov is knocking on that door.[/QUOTEi

i personally dont believe in do not trade box at all...but Marner is one player i will not trade...i own few better player than him that can be traded but there is something about this kid that says keep me and ill prove to you it was worth it...i think he has not scratched his ceiling yet...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I am trading Huberdeau for Pettersson and I am mashing the accept button to do it. Sure, it is a gamble, but the pay-off could be massive. As soon as Pettersson puts some meat on his bones (and avoids the injury bug) I think we are could be talking about him in the elite of the elite catagory. Pettersson is going to hold, if not increase, his fantasy value this season. Huberdeau just had a career year and I don't see him improving on his totals from last year. What you saw last season is Huberdeau's ceiling.

I don't see a big difference between Barrie and Pietrangelo. There final 40 games last season were extremely similar. (I will concede that Barrie has a better fantasy track record). Both guys are UFA at seasons end. One is playing for a new coach and team. One is playing on a team and sytem he is familiar with. If you have to include these guys to make the trade work then so be it (reluctantly from a one year point of view).

I think if we were to revisit this in a season the cost to acquire Pettersson is going to be much higher. I am buying the hype.
    I think this is where I am at

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for all the feedback. The other manager now wants to my Barkov and Barrie for his Pettersson and Dougie Hamilton. I'm gonna pass on this trade. Don't think its worth it!