Thread: Trading for McCaffrey (Rep given)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Trading for McCaffrey (Rep given) (Now Kamara)

I'm in a keep 4 league with no penalties, and my current 4 is Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Melvin Gordon, and Keenan Allen. A great start before the Melvin Gordon holdout mess.

I'm currently talking to a team about trading both Gordon and Keenan Allen for Christian McCaffrey and a first round pick. His pick is 4th overall, and it is expected that players like Josh Jacobs/Aaron Jones/Robert Woods could be there. If I don't do this trade, my first pick is 9th overall, and I'm probably looking at a Chris Godwin/Chris Carson/Damien Williams/Mark Ingram/Sony Michel type.

So the question is, which team would you rather have as a foundation? PPR

Team A: Melvin Gordon, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Godwin/Carson/Williams/Ingram/Michel

Team B: Christian McCaffrey, Julio Jones, Michael Thomas, Jacobs/Jones/Woods, Godwin/Carson/Williams/Ingram/Michel

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Trading for McCaffrey (Rep given)

In PPR I'd rather CMC. The team runs through him. Some of those available guys are primed for a big time breakout too

I like Allen but I find owning him annoying, good points at the end of the year but inconsistent from week to week.

What are the other teams keepers? Would they keep both If the trade goes through?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubittisky View Post
    In PPR I'd rather CMC. The team runs through him. Some of those available guys are primed for a big time breakout too

I like Allen but I find owning him annoying, good points at the end of the year but inconsistent from week to week.

What are the other teams keepers? Would they keep both If the trade goes through?
    Yes, all keepers are locked, so they would get both Gordon and Allen on their roster, along with their other three keepers (they're weak; very weak roster) while I would have CMC and 2 1st round picks to go with Julio and Michael Thomas.

The upside to doing the trade is more roster flexibility. Currently have 1 RB and 3 WR, so I'm locked into taking a RB at 9. If I do the trade, I have 1 RB and 2 WR with two first round picks to fill holes.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd go for it. You get younger and you get the best player in the trade

Dobber Sports Padawan

I completely agree. In this format McCaffrey is an absolute beast and still with room to move up with another year to play. Gordon played great last year and Allen is great but replaceable at WR compared to McCaffrey and the 4th pick. I think you have to do that deal, quite easily in fact.

CMC is a massive upgrade over Gordo, and you have julio and MT so losing Allen (who is more or less a catch-and-fall guy) is no big whoop. I'd do the deal. Carson is a sneaky addition too. I've been adding him where I am able. Cheap RB1 potential.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

CMC is in everyone's top 3, or 4 at worst, O/A in keeper leagues. Gordon isn't even in a lot of peoples top 10 at RB.

Take CMC & the pick

Thanks for the advice all. Rep'd everyone. Naturally, as usually happens when discussing a trade like this, it falls apart. Curious if you guys would do a similar deal involving Kamara and 8th overall, instead?

So I move Gordon and Allen for Kamara and 8th overall. I'm probably missing those high end available WR/RB that would have been there at 4, but I still eliminate the holdout risk.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Still a good deal, I'd do it for the same reasons why we liked CMC
    16 Team, H2H Dynasty Cap 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G, 3B, 10 Minor - Scoring G / A / P / PPP / SOG / Hit / Blk / TOISH - W / GAA / SV / SV%
    Forwards: Gaudreau, Barzal, Beniers, Raymond, Trocheck, Byfield, Quinn, Couturier, Chytil, Crouse, Farabee, Rasmussen, Podkolzin, Monahan, Killorn
    Defence: Sergachev, McAvoy, Sanderson, Hronek, McCabe, Broberg
    Goalie: Demko, Merzlikins, Schmid
    F Minors: McTavish, Eklund, Sillinger, Nazar, Kasper, Lekkerimaki, Ostlund
    D Minors: Edvinsson
    G Minors: Askarov, Cossa
    Picks: 2023 1.01, 1.14

Quote Originally Posted by WeissAsNice View Post
    Thanks for the advice all. Rep'd everyone. Naturally, as usually happens when discussing a trade like this, it falls apart. Curious if you guys would do a similar deal involving Kamara and 8th overall, instead?

So I move Gordon and Allen for Kamara and 8th overall. I'm probably missing those high end available WR/RB that would have been there at 4, but I still eliminate the holdout risk.
    In ppr? Hell ya. All day every day. Good year to see who falls to 8. And Kamara isbetter value than Gordon by far
    @SmittysRant