Thread: Sanheim

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Sanheim

I believe Sanheim has higher upside than Provorov, but does he have a chance to be a fantasy stud in a points only league? Projections for the next few years please! Will rep if possible.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Sanheim

Think he takes a bit of a step back next year before really cementing himself. I'm going 30 pts for next year. Ghost will bounce back and own that PP

Dobber Sports Superstar

not a points only stud but looks poised to be an excellent depth option for the blue line. I streamed him for first playoff matchup when the Flyers played four games a week for two weeks and he was serviceable but not prolific.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:B.Tkachuk,Alien,Stutzle,Miller,Connor,Guentzel,Sv ech,Thomas,Rust,Jenner,Bennett,Tolvanen,Danault,Sc hwartz,Arvidsson
    D:Carlson,Nurse,Theodore,Matheson,Harley,Pettersson
    G:Jarry,Kotchetkov,Stolarz
    IR:Gudas,Vilardi

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FO W(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) G:W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SHO(4)

C: Ziba,
    Tro,Kempe,Vilardi
    L: Drai,Forsberg,Tolvanen,Nyquist
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shest,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Ace

Points only, I would think 30 points is a reasonable floor, 35 points can be replicated, and 40 points would be a very nice, but not Earth-shattering, surprise.

In a cap or multi-cap (counting blocks) league, he has more value than in straight, points-only.

Disclaimer: I am not a Flyers fan, but reading a bit of their blogs and comments, Flyers fans do seem to be really high on this guy. Maybe I am underestimating him?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm a Flyers fan. Long-term I think he's a great player to have on your roster, especially if you can stash him in your minors. Long-term I think he'll be a good and relevant contributor. In the short-term, I have no idea. In terms of talent, he's probably the 2nd best Flyers D when it comes to PP contribution and at least the 3rd, if not 2nd, best D in terms of offensive talent in all situations. However, the Flyers are a mess of a team. Awful coaches and constant front office turnover for the last handful of years and stuck in a half-ass retool ever since Carter and Richards were traded.

They're about to have their first legit NHL coach in a long time, however they hired two of the worst assistant coaches possible. So, I have no idea how that will balance out. Good ES performance and awful special teams? I don't know. On top of that, the D is cluttered with good young D that haven't hit their potential or stride yet. In that regard, Ghost is the top dog for PP time and offensive opportunity and Provorov is the most hyped up D on the team and continues to be shoved on to the PP units despite showing a clear lack of ability to quarterback a PP. He's a great ES player, but they keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole in terms of Provorov on the PP. Will that continue under the new coaching staff? I don't know, nobody does.

So, in the short-term, Sanheim has the talent and promise to be a 40 point PP contributor. However, nobody knows what the hell to expect from the Flyers anymore. So, I'd only invest in him as a long-term add with short-term potential as a bonus. In other words, don't seek him out for contributions this season (unless he begins to deliver on his potential this season, of course).

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by NewGarbageGoal View Post
    I'm a Flyers fan. Long-term I think he's a great player to have on your roster, especially if you can stash him in your minors. Long-term I think he'll be a good and relevant contributor. In the short-term, I have no idea. In terms of talent, he's probably the 2nd best Flyers D when it comes to PP contribution and at least the 3rd, if not 2nd, best D in terms of offensive talent in all situations. However, the Flyers are a mess of a team. Awful coaches and constant front office turnover for the last handful of years and stuck in a half-ass retool ever since Carter and Richards were traded.

They're about to have their first legit NHL coach in a long time, however they hired two of the worst assistant coaches possible. So, I have no idea how that will balance out. Good ES performance and awful special teams? I don't know. On top of that, the D is cluttered with good young D that haven't hit their potential or stride yet. In that regard, Ghost is the top dog for PP time and offensive opportunity and Provorov is the most hyped up D on the team and continues to be shoved on to the PP units despite showing a clear lack of ability to quarterback a PP. He's a great ES player, but they keep trying to force a square peg into a round hole in terms of Provorov on the PP. Will that continue under the new coaching staff? I don't know, nobody does.

So, in the short-term, Sanheim has the talent and promise to be a 40 point PP contributor. However, nobody knows what the hell to expect from the Flyers anymore. So, I'd only invest in him as a long-term add with short-term potential as a bonus. In other words, don't seek him out for contributions this season (unless he begins to deliver on his potential this season, of course).
    At least Hextall drafted a ton of good players.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Grand Master

First, I don't think Sanheim has higher real life potential than Provorov. I do think he has good potential, though. I agree that the Flyers are a mess.

The Flyers GM situation is a mess again, but at least Holmgren didn't try and keep the job himself. The coaching situation is also not great for fantasy, and things are unclear. At least vigneault could be good for the teams win-loss record.

The blue line situation has gotten worse in the offseason, by bringing in new guys who aren't good, cost more, and now affiliated with the new regime and/or are on longer term deals. The forwards aren't too much more muddled than last year, except for the Hayes signing.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see some combination of Gostisbehere, Provorov, and even Patrick gone by the end of the year in addition to any vets they want to move, so the GM can put his stamp more on the team, and to purge some of the Hextall draftees.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.