Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Garth Brooks

Hello!! I am going to Garth Brooks tomorrow.

As anyone who has been to Garth before knows... his encore is when he comes out and plays songs 'requested' by the fans based on songs that are on posters for.

Two Questions for you

1) Has anyone been to any of his stadium tour concerts? And If so what are some of the better songs that are not part of his set list?

2) If I were to make a poster what song should I put on it?

- Something off his tribute cds to other genres or classic country like Fishin' in the Dark, Piano Man

- or one of his less popular songs like Midnight Cinderella, The Old Stuff, Against the Grain?

Thanks for your help!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Hello!! I am going to Garth Brooks tomorrow.

As anyone who has been to Garth before knows... his encore is when he comes out and plays songs 'requested' by the fans based on songs that are on posters for.

Two Questions for you

1) Has anyone been to any of his stadium tour concerts? And If so what are some of the better songs that are not part of his set list?

2) If I were to make a poster what song should I put on it?

- Something off his tribute cds to other genres or classic country like Fishin' in the Dark, Piano Man

- or one of his less popular songs like Midnight Cinderella, The Old Stuff, Against the Grain?

Thanks for your help!
    you are coming to the Dirty Vag? or do you live here?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    you are coming to the Dirty Vag? or do you live here?
    Yes we are... and no we do not live there... we are stuck right in the middle of Regina and Winnipeg!

Where we live it is super windy... because Regina Blows and Winnipeg Sucks!

How crazy is it going to be to get to the stadium tomorrow night? With Elphinstone closed... how early do you suggest we leave our hotel... and how crappy is parking by the stadium?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I've been to a GB concert but to be honest it was something like 20 years ago and I don't remember much about the song list. I do remember that it was an awesome show, and I'm not even much of a Garth fan.

Enjoy! I'm going to a Luke Bryan concert tomorrow myself and I can't stand him and his bro-country. I'm only going because it's an outdoor concert and the wife really wants to go. Thankftheres a beer tent for me and my buddy to hang in while the wives go enjoy the show.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

This thread made me go down a country music rabbit hole of greatest country songs of all time. Friends in Low Places is easily the best country song ever. It deals with heartbreak, rich vs poor, drinking AND it’s a great sing along. I love me some Johnny Cash and old time country but Friends in Low Places is the TOPS!

I have nothing to really add to the thread otherwise. Have a good time! I’m jealous. Garth Brooks is one the few acts I would go see.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes we are... and no we do not live there... we are stuck right in the middle of Regina and Winnipeg!

Where we live it is super windy... because Regina Blows and Winnipeg Sucks!

How crazy is it going to be to get to the stadium tomorrow night? With Elphinstone closed... how early do you suggest we leave our hotel... and how crappy is parking by the stadium?
    your best bet is a Park and Ride..stadium parking will be ..well..terrible...unless your Hotel is close its probably just as easy to walk.

say hi to Mrs Finny..shes working the concert for Evraz Place
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    This thread made me go down a country music rabbit hole of greatest country songs of all time. Friends in Low Places is easily the best country song ever. It deals with heartbreak, rich vs poor, drinking AND it’s a great sing along. I love me some Johnny Cash and old time country but Friends in Low Places is the TOPS!

I have nothing to really add to the thread otherwise. Have a good time! I’m jealous. Garth Brooks is one the few acts I would go see.
    Thanks! You definitely should make the trip to see him. He makes his concerts affordable in comparison to other acts and he puts on an amazing show. He definitely does not just stand there and sing his songs... he definitely puts on a great show!!

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Super jealous and enjoy the show. I was able to see Garth twice when he was in Edmonton two years ago and the show was great, his stadium tour I assume is amazing.

I have not seen the Stadium tour but did see the TV special he played at Notre Dame stadium to kick-off the tour, he played all his biggest hits you would more or less expect.

As for songs to have him play, I personally think it would be hilarious to see Garth Brooks play Wonderwall by Oasis because of how cliche it would be.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    your best bet is a Park and Ride..stadium parking will be ..well..terrible...unless your Hotel is close its probably just as easy to walk.

say hi to Mrs Finny..shes working the concert for Evraz Place
    Will definitely say 'Hi Mrs. Finny' to every worker I see and see if I can get a reaction!

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

I went to a Garth concert a couple of years ago.....and it was amazing! Easily the BEST concert I've ever been to.

He kicked off the show by greeting us and telling us nobody wants to hear the new stuff - and he didn't either. He basically covered all his greatest hits at the show I went to and I can't wait to go see him again.

Enjoy the show.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Heart on his sleeve...
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Garth Brooks was the best concert I ever attended, although it was about 20 years ago. I don't doubt it will still be incredible.

Looking at the recent set lists it's hard to say what he will play and what will be left for the encore. Looks like he ends with Standing Outside the fire, which is a fantastic one to end on. Have a blast!

Dobber Sports Master

I'm not even a country music fan (that honour belongs to my wife), but we saw Garth Brooks when he came to Halifax some 20 odd years ago. And as you've heard before, it was one of the best concert experiences I have ever had.
    He played all of his biggest hits, a couple new songs, and a variety of hits by other artists. While it isn't my favorite Brooks song, his rendition of "The River" that night was amazing. The whole crowd sang along with him, and it was mind blowing. Lots of great memories from that night. Enjoy!

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

My buddy went to the concert last night in Regina.. It sounded like it was rockin!! I would have loved to have gone but I have too many other things on the go!!
    I will be in Regina in October Finny for the Jets/Flames outdoor game!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    My buddy went to the concert last night in Regina.. It sounded like it was rockin!! I would have loved to have gone but I have too many other things on the go!!
    I will be in Regina in October Finny for the Jets/Flames outdoor game!!
    We might need to have a beer together at that’s Jets Flames game!

We had a few people back out from our group. So if your buddy wants to go again I have a ticket!

​​