Thread: DeBrusk vs Granlund

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default DeBrusk vs Granlund

Dynasty NHL cap league h2h category (G, A, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, FOW, SHTOI)

Hey guys, would you consider it fair to 1. Entertain trading my Mikael Granlund for Jake DeBrusk and 2. add to it with a prospect to get it done.

DeBrusk is obviously younger and much cheaper with Granlund possibly in line for an even larger payday as he’s a UFA after this season. It’s a deep league and I’m pretty tight against the cap in my championship window. GMs know this so I’m without much leverage.

I go back and forth between being excited and worried about Nashville this year. And while Granlund is obviously the more established and proven player, DeBrusk seems like he could match Granlund across the board now or in a few seasons.

Is my hesitation on this from being blinded by the name value of Granlund or should I be pulling the trigger quickly?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: DeBrusk vs Granlund

With 5m in savings this year... I'd pull the trigger. I think they'll be close in points.
    Unless DeBrusk breaks out, I expect him to sign for something like 5x5 next year - so you'd still be ahead a bit cap wise
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd make that deal if I were you. You should get similar production at a cheaper cost.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys! To add to this, where would you guys value:

Granlund, Cal Petersen, Taylor Raddysh

For

DeBrusk, Logan Brown

Dobber Sports Icon

I would prefer Granlund, Petersen, Raddysh because I prefer Granlund over Debrusk and I don't think any of the other names ever become fantasy relevant (or even legit NHLers).

Dobber Sports Jedi

I agree in part with chuckcouples here... the other names aren't important... but that $$$ savings between DeBrusk & Granlund is still huge.

I still want DeBrusk and $$ in my pocket
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I would do the one for one deal. Regarding the bigger deal, it depends re: how valuable goalies are in your league. I think Petersen could be a back up in a year or so; I like this kid.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Debrusk is really undervalued atm, i own him in 3 leagues and its hard to get fair value for him atm. I have a feeling that will change year from now. Do the deal!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Give me Debrusk on an $863k ELC over Granlund in Nashville at $5.75M. Yes, please! This is the move that wins you a cap league. You need to have guys at or near the league minimum that produce. You also need to avoid middling guys like Granlund at close to $6M. This trade addresses both issues.

Spend money on the elite fantasy producers and try to avoid holding too many guys that are just OK.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the one for one deal, but don't like involving Petersen. I do like Brown over Raddysh, though as far as impact on their ELC. If you can strip Petersen out, that would be ideal, but if not, I think it's okay to get a skater who should get lots of icetime, admittedly on Ottawa.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.