Thread: Marner for Necas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Marner for Necas

Hi everyone,
    My situation is an embarrassment of riches. I’m Currently in a Keep 7-4-1 League for my league in sig. The cap hit following the one of the NHL I currently have Kucherov and Mcdavid and still have Barzal Keller and Pettersson on ELC.

Right now I have Boeser, Point, Werenski and Marner that are all RFA that will get a big raise this summer so I won't be able to keep them all. Plus I have Blake Wheeler brand new contract that will kick in this year.

I have an offer of Necas for Marner. Necas as 3 years of ELC and this would be perfect for my Cap situation. The problem is that our pool penalize a lot for people that have inactive players. So If I Keep Necas for the year and he doesn't play, I will be playing with 1 less player than the other team for the whole year.

I pretty much won my pool last year and I am probably still considered the favourite for this year so is it worth the risk?

Do you think Necas will make the Hurricanes this year or is he 1-2 years away. I’m not talking about making an impact but just paying because 30 points would be fine by me.
    1st League
    75M 10 Teams Cap League using AVV, Point only,Keep 7F 4D 1G
    22 Man Roster :13F,7D, 2G. 1P (G) 1P (A) 2P (W) 1P (OTL) 1P (SO)
    F: Marner, Wheeler, Kucherov, Point, , Stone, Barkov, Boeser, Coyle, Fabbri, Labanc, Silfverberg, Pearson, Burakovsky
    D: Ceci, Hamilton, Carlson, Severson, Keith, Gostisbehere, Carrick
    G: Murray, Crawford
    Rookie Bank : Keller, Hishchier, Barzal, Mittlestatd, Pettersson, White, Kunin, Pulock

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Marner for Necas

Is that all you can get for Marner? Yikes!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Try to move Wheeler and his $8m

the longer this goes, the closer to a 3yr bridge deal with Marner I think things end up. That will put him closer to 10m
    Necas is chump change to Marner.

I hope you're shopping him publicly. Someone should - SHOULD - pay up for a 22yr old that just had a 94pt season.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Is that all you can get for Marner? Yikes!
    Haven't really checked with other GM's but it's pretty hard to get something valuable for a guy that will take 13% of your total cap it with that 10 Mil AVG. Especially those good contract that we all need.
    Don"t forget i already have 27% of my mass on 2 players. Still need to pay 21 of them
    1st League
    F: Marner, Wheeler, Kucherov, Point, , Stone, Barkov, Boeser, Coyle, Fabbri, Labanc, Silfverberg, Pearson, Burakovsky
    Rookie Bank : Keller, Hishchier, Barzal, Mittlestatd, Pettersson, White, Kunin, Pulock

Dobber Sports Prodigy

BTW. Here are the guys that I am keeping so far A : Keller, Barzal, Mcdavid, Kucherov, Labanc So i got 2 place for wheter Point, Boeser, Marner and Wheeler. That's why i need to trade someone. At D i plan on Keeping Jones, Ghost, Pulock (werenski ou Hamilton)
    1st League

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Maybe you can shop him to teams without/less Superstar players? Someone should be willing to pay something great for a guy like Marner.
    Maybe you could check out for some goalie/defense upgrade?

The Great One

Dobber has Necas as 50 percent likely to make the team. If I were you, I'd probably be looking for a safer ELC.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hi / Salut

Is this for your league/team in signature?
    Are Murray and Crawford your goalies?

I don't trust either of them for this season, Crawford having to split the net with Lehner + injuries issues, and Murray is quite the band-aid boy.

I'd sniff around teams who have two solid goalies, and must get rid of one because your rules seem to prevent them from protecting a second.
    Try to find somebody who'll be happy to take a forward or a defenseman for their extra goalie.

That would be my initial plan. You have extras up front. Try to sneak a good/safer goalie there.

Otherwise, Marner's contract would need to be very high to be a worse asset than Wheeler. Boeser will produce less than Marner/Point/Wheeler, despite the smaller salary, it's probably not worth it to keep him if he signs 6+M.

In conclusion, Necas doesn't have a nice ceiling for one year (because you're penalized, right?) and a very low floor. Not a fan of that trade too.

Good luck!

14 Teams, PTS Only, Salary, Full Keep, Start 2G 6D 3C 3LW 3RW
    G- Gustafsson, ?, ?
    D- Burns, Forsling, Brannstrom, Peru, Liljgren, Addison, ?, POJoseph, Jiricek
    C- Barkov, Eichel, Larkin, ?, Rossi
    LW- Marchessault, Zucc, Hagel, ?, Holtz
    RW- Terry, Tarasenko, Pavelski, Kakko, Brink

18 teams, PTS Only, Top G, Top4 D, Top10 F, Full Keep with a twist
    G- Shest, Luukkanen
    D- Seider Dunn Hedman Klingb Brannstrom Bean Peru Soderstrom Clarke
    F- Scheifele Reinhart JT Miller Huberdeau Zucc Giroux Quinn Couture Hartman Bjorkstrand Wheeler Krebs T Raddysh Jeannot Mangiapane Brink Guenther Poulin Perreault Cristall Kovalenko