Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Man if I can just get to 4 wins this week, I'll beat my YaHoo projection. Giddy up!

...that's really all I live for, is beating Yahoo's projections. Eff them!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Man, what a terrible week for me. Minshew, my WW pickup starter, who I was actually excited about against the Saints was horrible. Shady with his 2nd poor week in a row but I had to start him due to bye week situations. My 3rd string TE was one of my best players along with Michael Thomas but neither were spectacular, just good.

I have a chance though. If Geronimo Allison can get me 25 points tonight, I can steal it LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Man if I can just get to 4 wins this week, I'll beat my YaHoo projection. Giddy up!

...that's really all I live for, is beating Yahoo's projections. Eff them!

You should have it... it would be amazing for Good Squad to get significant over-performances from BOTH a DET-RB (Kerryon) AND a DET-WR (Golladay).

Some crazy stuff in the league this year.
    1. The league's only two-time champ, In For A Penny, will go to 0-6 and is in serious threat of relegation.
    2. Brother Loch will slide to 2-4 with lowest points for... relegation slot #2. Ugh.
    3. The NE defense is absolutely killing IT this year... but the team with them, Le'Veon Thielen, can't seem to buy key wins... and may/should fall to the Frisky Hobbit if A.Jones can put up 11.2pts (no problem, right, after last week's 45+).
    4. It's the Turtles who are STREAKING... and might move to #1 on their 125pt week.

Dobber Sports Stud

I suck in this league. Just need to win the survivor pool!
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    You should have it... it would be amazing for Good Squad to get significant over-performances from BOTH a DET-RB (Kerryon) AND a DET-WR (Golladay).

Some crazy stuff in the league this year.
    1. The league's only two-time champ, In For A Penny, will go to 0-6 and is in serious threat of relegation.
    2. Brother Loch will slide to 2-4 with lowest points for... relegation slot #2. Ugh.
    3. The NE defense is absolutely killing IT this year... but the team with them, Le'Veon Thielen, can't seem to buy key wins... and may/should fall to the Frisky Hobbit if A.Jones can put up 11.2pts (no problem, right, after last week's 45+).
    4. It's the Turtles who are STREAKING... and might move to #1 on their 125pt week.
    You were saying...Jones had a TD pass go through his hands early on in the game and it kind of set the tone. I still had to watch the entire thing hoping he would break one. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Arrrgghhh! That hurts, although I'm sure it helps balance the karma (I've won when I probably didn't deserve it!).
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    You were saying...Jones had a TD pass go through his hands early on in the game and it kind of set the tone. I still had to watch the entire thing hoping he would break one. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Arrrgghhh! That hurts, although I'm sure it helps balance the karma (I've won when I probably didn't deserve it!).
    I was scoreboard watching and just waiting for a Jones TD to show up. Some weeks you get the bounces, others you don't. I'm probably going to get blown out next week as a result of the football karma.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I would like to personally thank the refs from last night's game for my win over Goon Squad. Without them single handily keeping the Lions offense off the filed I would not have secured the win.

...but I have no shame so eff it. And eff YaHoo!

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Week 7.
    For the first time all season, my entire team is healthy and off BYE weeks!
    116.33pts projected... we know what that probably means...

Interesting Yahoo! Note:
    The BOTTOM four teams from Yahoo!s "Draft Day Projections": 11. Tacklin Turtles(Kofax), 12. My Endless Chubb(bomm), 13. Extreme Frostbite(rataylor), 14. DeshaunShineBand(P7) are...
    The TOP four team teams for Yahoo!s "Power Rankings": 1. Extreme Frostbite(rataylor), 2. My Endless Chubb(bomm), 3. Tacklin Turtles(Kofax), 4. DeshaunShineBand(P7)...

Dobber Sports Deity

Im praying for a healthy Drew Brees!!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

I've had the good fortune of not hitting any bye weeks as of yet, which may be part of the reason I'm up top at this point. The next 5 weeks will see my starters sitting, beginning with my No. 1 in McCaffrey this week, so it will be a battle to keep my current standing moving forward.

Curious if anyone has come through most of their bye's at this point and whether that has made any difference? Anyone have any preference as to where their bye's are? I've never drafted based on it, but I prefer to get off to a hot start and would like them later rather than earlier. I guess that all could depend on the schedule as well and what kind of team you're facing.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Curious if anyone has come through most of their bye's at this point and whether that has made any difference? Anyone have any preference as to where their bye's are? I've never drafted based on it, but I prefer to get off to a hot start and would like them later rather than earlier. I guess that all could depend on the schedule as well and what kind of team you're facing.
    No, can't say I've ever dedicatedly try to do anything with byes... other than to make sure my top 2RB or top 2WR aren't bye same week.
    I do find I enjoy drafting one super-good QB (this year, Watson) with a late-bye... because it means I can hold ALL my bench slots for praying on emerging RB/WR/TE.
    With Watson not having BYE until week 10... gives me good ability to HOLD players longer.

By Week #10, most players have an established value for the year, so its easier to drop a bench player without fear they will/might still emerge.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Managed to get through Saquon's injury with a healthy weekend. Should be 5-1 with better FG luck.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Draft randomizer comes up and first overall is.....me! Fck lol, historically I'm a much better drafter at the end than at the start. I mean having a stud is great, but normally prefer the end. Ok. Saquon, Zeke, CMC, Saquon, Zeke, CMC, Saquon, Zeke, CMC.....debating that question for weeks now, and I guess I'll go with Saquon. At least he will play this year unlike Bell last year.
    Sigh

Dobber Sports Titan

Is Loch not checking in this year? He hasn't set hit lineup yet this week and I just checked, he didn't last week either.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Not sure. I haven't really paid much attention to other teams.