Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

I have to win-out, no doubt, to have chance at some playoff action. If Kittle is a-go for SNF, I do like my match-ups this week. fingers crossed.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I have to win-out, no doubt, to have chance at some playoff action. If Kittle is a-go for SNF, I do like my match-ups this week. fingers crossed.
    Sounds like Kittle is in for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Sounds like Kittle is in for you.
    I have him in my home league too and am in the same position there (win out) as I am in this league. Gonna be a fun (see: anxiety ridden) Sunday.

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    I have him in my home league too and am in the same position there (win out) as I am in this league. Gonna be a fun (see: anxiety ridden) Sunday.

And now the news comes out that he has a broken ankle bone.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Deity

And still plans on playing....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Crazy. Wonder how it's going to affect his mobility for one, and secondly if it would heal in time for playoffs if he rested until then.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Says the Black Knight, "Tis but a scratch".
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Yeah but then his knee injury came into question. Ugh! Luckily Godwin smashed. Hopefully that helps overcome Kittle's (possible) absence.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Looking like week 13 is going to decide who goes down. Good Squad, PPQB and myself at 3-9. At least its headed that way, and myself and my bro go head to head with the winner likely staying up.

Dobber Sports Titan

It looks like our playoff picture is getting clearer.

Assuming no crazy comebacks this week, we go into the last week with:

The byes:
    1. Tacklin' Turtles.................... 9 - 3
    2. That Le'Veon Thielen............ 9 - 3
    (Playing eachother in week 13 for the regular season crown)

The ones basically guaranteed a playoff spot based on record and most points (win and they're in, lose and they should win the points tiebreaker):
    3. Extreme Frostbite................ 7 - 5
    4. DeshaunShineBand.............. 7 - 5
    (Both have week 13 matchups they are projected to win by 20+ points)

The H2H matchups of win-and-you're-in.
    5. Here's Johnny..................... 7 - 5 (Playing Frisky Hobbit in week 13 - winner is in, loser is out.)
    6. The Frisky Hobbit................ 7 - 5 (^^^)

7. Zorro's LongSnappers.......... 6 - 6 (Playing My Endless Chubb in week 13 - winner should be in based on most points tiebreaker, loser is out)
    8. My Endless Chubb............... 6 - 6 (^^^)
    (One team will be in at 8-5. Two teams here will finish at 7 - 6, but Zorro and Chubb outscore Johnny and Hobbit, so the winner there should get in on points. The last team will miss at 6 - 7.)

Those in need of a miracle:
    9. TD's N Beer!....................... 6 - 6
    10. Sony Side Up.................... 6 - 6
    (Need a win, and to outscore one of the above teams that finishes at 7-6 by at least 140 points.)

Playing Spoiler/For Pride:
    Stuck out of the playoffs, but not relegated.
    11. Redbulls........................... 5 - 7
    (Plays Deshaun who doesn't have a lot to play for this week other than playoff positioning.)

Those trying to avoid relegation:
    12. Goon Squad...................... 3 - 9
    13. Bettman Fumbles............... 3 - 9
    14. Powerplay QB.................... 3 - 9
    Bettman and PPQB go head to head, loser is relegated, winner stays in if Goon Squad loses to Extreme Frostbite. Goon Squad has the points tiebreaker likely in hand if they pull out a win.

Should be a fun final week to watch!

Dobber Sports Deity

I just happen to have a miracle in my back pocket.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Awesome summary (/rep) there, EB.
    Yeah... I'm praying I can still back into H2H playoffs.
    This is the best team I've ever drafted... but my boys can't buy a TD lately and seem gimpy all of a sudden (Tyreek, Julio, Hooper... hobblin'...)
    Hoping for a pick-six by the Ravens-D tonight (~13+pts needed) and that the Rams can keep Andrews out of endzone (<6pts).
    Nothin' quite like a come from behind win during MNF!
    (A win also keeps bye-hopes alive... though I'll still need a big Week13)
    ps. That rain in Foxboro... effin Folk missed a pair of FG... that's a big 6pts right now.

What a week by Bomm's "Endless Chubb". 154.52 currently, with Kupp going tonight.
    He seems to be blossoming at the right time... hopefully he doesn't blow his load to early though!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Whelp. Nevermind. I didn't finish it before a meeting this morning and EB put up a more succinct post anyways. Feel free to skip unless you like some more numbers. Well done EB, good presentation.

Current Standings:
    1 Tacklin Turtles 8-3-0 1274.44 - 1090.1
    2 That Le'Veon Thielen 8-3-0 1205.58 - 1083.66
    3 Extreme Frostbite 7-4-0 1247.66 - 1067.64
    4 DeshaunShineBand 7-4-0 1236.08 - 1083

5 Zorro's LongSnappers 6-5-0 1265.7 - 1110.8
    6 Here's Johnny! 6-5-0 1182.86 - 1110.44
    7 The Frisky Hobbit 6-5-0 1170.96 - 1148.94
    8 Sony Side Up 6-5-0 955.88 - 1099.36

9 My Endless Chubb 5-6-0 1169.42 - 1170.9
    10 Redbulls 5-6-0 1107.4 - 1133.32
    11 TD's N Beer! 5-6-0 1102.14 - 1123.88

12 Goon Squad 3-8-0 1049.02 - 1176.4
    13 Powerplay QB 3-8-0 978.62 - 1206.36
    14 Bettman Fumbles 2-9-0 990.86 - 1331.82

Key Week 12 Takeaways:
    - Turtles (8-3) vs Deshaun (7-4): Turtles lead 93.58 to 87.32 with Mark Andrews vs Baltimore Defense for Monday night. Turtles win and secure a bye while DeshaunShineBand battles with the other 7-5 and 6-6 teams for a playoff spot, or DeshaunShineBand wins and battles with turtles for a first week playoff bye
    - Le'Veon Thielen (8-3) vs SonySideUp (6-5): Le'Veon wins barring a miracle, almost securing a 1st round playoff bye (depending on outcome of Monday night) while SonySideUp will battle with other 6-6 and 7-5 teams for a playoff spot. SonySides low points for will likely keep them out of
    - TD's N Beer! (5-6) vs Goon Squad (3-8): TD's N Beer! up 85.04 to 79.78 but with Gurley vs Everett, should be able to hold onto the win, moving into a battle with other 6-6 and 7-5 teams for a playoff spot while it looks like Goon Squad will be in a 3-way tie for relegation, needing a win to stay up.
    - Extreme Frostbite (7-4) vs EndlessChubb (5-6): Chubb blows out Frostbite moving into the 6-6 club battling for a final playoff spot, while Frostbite will be one of four teams at 7-5.
    - Zorro's LongSnappers (6-5) vs Here's Johnny! (6-5): Here's Johnny beats Zorro's to move to 7-5, while Zorro's is at 6-6 and both teams will be battling for a playoff spot.
    - Frisky Hobbit (6-5) vs Powerplay QB (3-8): Frisky Hobbit wins to move to 7-5 while Powerplay QB moves to 3-9 and will have to battle to stay out of relegation.
    - Bettman Fumbles (2-9) vs RedBulls (5-6): Bettman Fumbles wins to give themselves a chance to avoid relegation at 3-9, while Redbulls season is essentially over, as they are out of the playoffs at 5-7 with no fear of falling into relegation territory.

Projected Standings Ahead of MNF:
    1 Tacklin Turtles 9-3 1368.02
    2 That Le'Veon Thielen 9-3 1324.98

3 DeshaunShineBand 7-5 1323.4
    4 Extreme Frostbite 7-5 1319.46
    5 The Frisky Hobbit 7-5 1285
    6 Here's Johnny! 7-5 1257.32

7 My Endless Chubb 6-6 1323.94
    8 Zorro's LongSnappers 6-6 1337.34
    9 TD's N Beer! 6-6 1187.18
    10 Sony Side Up 6-6 1030.2

11 Redbulls 5-7 1164.36
    12 Goon Squad 3-9 1128.8
    13 Bettman Fumbles 3-9 1097.94
    14 Powerplay QB 3-9 1058.82

Takeaways if nothing changes:
    - Turtles and Le'Veon are locked in with a 1st round bye and battle H2H for regular season 1st place in week 13 (DeShaunShine could still flip the script and win MNF knocking the Turtles into a tie for second with DeshaunShine at 8-4)
    - Kudos to Here'sJohnny! (horrorfan) for being a last minute fill-in and having a chance to make the playoffs. Great drafting
    - Due to total points, it will be very difficult for TD's N Beer! and SonySide to secure a playoff spot even with a win in Week 13, as they would need to make up almost 70 and 220 total points respectively, all but eliminating them from the chase
    - If Goon Squad wins, they will avoid relegation, while Bettman Fumbles and Powerplay QB (who go H2H in week 13) will need to win and a loss from Goon Squad and total points will likely make it tough for them to pass him (although Bettman Fumbles could do it needing only 31+ points more then Goon Squad to do it)

Week 13 Matchups w/ Projected Standings:
    - Turtles (9-3) vs Le'Veon (9-3): Battle for 1st in the regular season (although DeShaun could still flip the script here on MNF)
    - Deshaun (7-5) vs RedBulls (5-7): RedBulls look to play spoiler, but even with a loss, Deshaun can still make it in if they put up the points
    - TD's N Beer! (6-6) vs SonySide (6-6): Both are likely short in total points, but a huge week by either team could see them pull off a major miracle and make it in
    - Extreme Frostbite (7-5) vs Goon Squad (3-9): Goon Squad needs a win to avoid relegation as a loss will guarantee they are relegated because Bettman Fumbles faces Powerplay QB. Frosbite could still make it in with a loss if they put up enough points to stay in 6th
    - Zorros (6-6) vs EndlessChubb (6-6): Both teams need to win to have a chance and both will need to put up big points as well, as the 6th spot will likely come down to a total points tiebreak. Both have the points to make this happen.
    - FriskyHobbit (7-5) vs Here's Johnny! (7-5): The only 7-5 H2H matchup means they win and their in. A loss will come down to total points where both teams look a little short, so a loss likely means they're out.
    - Bettman Fumbles (3-9) vs Powerplay QB (3-9): Both need a win to avoid relegation and will likely need to see a Goon Squad loss, unless Bettman Fumbles is able to outscore Goon Squad by 31+ points to bridge the gap.

I think that about covers it. I know, super long, sorry. Hopefully it's at least accurate! Things could change though with MNF.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Something went wrong with my projected points. Some of my conclusions will be off.

Fixed. EB was right again!

The Wolverine

Great writeups, both of you!

The H2H matchups of win-and-you're-in.
    5. Here's Johnny..................... 7 - 5 (Playing Frisky Hobbit in week 13 - winner is in, loser is out.)
    6. The Frisky Hobbit................ 7 - 5 (^^^)

7. Zorro's LongSnappers.......... 6 - 6 (Playing My Endless Chubb in week 13 - winner should be in based on most points tiebreaker, loser is out)
    8. My Endless Chubb............... 6 - 6 (^^^)
    (One team will be in at 8-5. Two teams here will finish at 7 - 6, but Zorro and Chubb outscore Johnny and Hobbit, so the winner there should get in on points. The last team will miss at 6 - 7.)
    Yep, next week is a must for me or I'm out. But regardless, this season has fared far better than I had expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    - Kudos to Here'sJohnny! (horrorfan) for being a last minute fill-in and looking good to make the playoffs currently in 3rd. Great drafting
    - FriskyHobbit (7-5) vs Here's Johnny! (7-5): The only 7-5 H2H matchup means they win and their in. A loss will come down to total points where Here's Johnny! has a leg up with the 2nd most in the league to date at 1340 where the Hobbit will have a tough go at 1285.
    I've been pleased for my team's performance this season since I used a website's rankings without much thought and let the computer do the rest. Thanks for the compliments but I can't take much credit haha!