Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Well, so much for Big "Bust" Ben. Thankfully Kyler Murray is actually looking somewhat legit after that shaky preseason, but I no longer have any kind of a fall-back!

And I guess if you have to put up a dud, might as well be against the highest scoring team right? (Glad to have that matchup out of the way).
    I had to scrape the WW this week while looking for a starting QB after Brees went down. Hopefully Stafford can put together some decent games to get me into the win column.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 7.41.44 PM.png

Why do my weeks always have to be this close?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I can't catch a break..... 0-2. I have quite a few points but getting slapped around..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I can't catch a break..... 0-2. I have quite a few points but getting slapped around..
    I hear ya. I am just waiting for the Monday nighter to finish up so I can start the season 0-3. Not unless Chris Thompson gets hurt on the first play or doesn't score 4.4 fantasy points tonight.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I hear ya. I am just waiting for the Monday nighter to finish up so I can start the season 0-3. Not unless Chris Thompson gets hurt on the first play or doesn't score 4.4 fantasy points tonight.
    Zorro actually has a strong chance to take me out tonight. D. Montgomery to go while trailing by 12, it's definitely doable.

Bad luck for both of us as we would have been able to beat many of the other teams this week, but here we are slugging it out!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Meanwhile I need Tarik Cohen to go minus...

My decision making has just been horrible this year. Starting to think I should go introduce myself to the folks in division 2.

Dobber Sports Superstar

That was quite the game last night that decided a lot of matchups. Fun to have a Monday nighter have that much of an impact on the outcome.

- In my own, Montgomery got out to a decent start, but then didn't put up much until towards the end of the game. On their last drive as they were trying to kill the clock, I saw my 8 point lead shrink to just over 2 as he kept getting 1st down after 1st down on the run. They finally stopped him and forced a field goal which ultimately ended any more offense from the Bears, but man that was a hectic finish to that game for me.

- P7s Allen Robinson hauled in 6 of 7 targets for 60 yards which gave him 9 points, but left him just under 10 short. A couple more catches with a TD mixed in might have got it done, but Gabriel grabbed all three (within a 6 minute span no less!).

- HF came in down by 13 or so with the Bears defense, which got off to a hot start with a pick six during their first go on the field and they continued to roll from there, finishing with 21 to knock off the Red Bulls.

- Cohen actually had -2 rushing yards, but managed to haul in 2 passes for 26 yards finishing with 3.4, allowing Goon Squad to hold on against IFAP.

- Thompson did enough to push EB over Axeman, scoring 12 to a needed 3 or 4.

That leaves us with with two undefeated teams after 3 weeks who fittingly have the 1st and 2nd most fantasy points scored to date respectively, but also have the least fantasy points scored against them.
    Three teams are winless after 3 weeks, and similarly, the bottom two have two of the three least fantasy points scored, but tough-luck for Zorro at 0-3 with the 5th most fantasy points scored and only the 4th most points against. That is very bad luck having lost in weeks 2 and 3 by a combined 5 points.

Other than the top two teams at 3-0, I don't think there's many, if anyone, feeling all that comfortable about their current position/team. Gotta love fantasy football!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

And one of those two teams just lost their first round pick.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The bad luck continues!!!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Two missed field goals and one blocked. That was unfortunate.

Dobber Sports Stud

I lost last night by .5 points. I had the win until OBJ fumbled. Smh
    14 team Fantrax H2H keeper league
    G, A, P, SOG, Hits, Blocks, FOW, - W, Gaa, Sv%, Svs

C - Crosby, Tavares, Kopitar, Toews
    LW - Hall, Giroux(C), Vrana, Gaudreau
    RW - Pastrnak, Kane, Stamkos(C), Kubalik
    D - Burns, Murphy, Morrisey, Cernak, Whitecloud, Chiarot
    G - Mrazek, Campbell, Brossoit, Greiss
    Bench - Middlestat, Wennberg, Perron, Olofsson, Schwartz, Atkinson, Yama

Dobber Sports Demi-God

At least you guys didn't lose after having a 54pt lead with your opponent having two players left.
    I was up 142.14 to 87.70pts... after the early games.

Aaron Jones... 4 TD... 45.70 fantasy points... W.T.F.

My team lost with 142.14pts... which would've been the highest score in:
    *Week 1
    *Week 2
    *Week 3, and
    *Week 4

Dobber Sports Deity

I damn near gave away my victory this week. Shady McCoy was not good for me this week, and the battle of the two Defenses last night almost cost me. Frostbite had SF and I had Cleveland. Ugh. Both of our TEs put up goose eggs. I grabbed a guy of the WW due not having another one on my roster to put out there. That didn't work out for me at all. Hopefully Hockenson comes back this week. Brissett has just meh after grabbing him off the WW as well. I read that Brees is throwing again so I'm crossing my fingers that he will come back soon. Weird that the two wins I have so far are both with Brees out.

None the less, I slayed one of the undefeateds this week and brought my record up to 2-3 on the season.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    At least you guys didn't lose after having a 54pt lead with your opponent having two players left.
    I was up 142.14 to 87.70pts... after the early games.

Aaron Jones... 4 TD... 45.70 fantasy points... W.T.F.

My team lost with 142.14pts... which would've been the highest score in:
    *Week 1
    *Week 2
    *Week 3, and
    *Week 4
    Yikes, sorry about that P7. I thought it was a long shot to be sure. I also thought I would need 35 points from Elliott and 20 from Jones. Then Jones exploded. Imagine if I had taken McCaffrey instead of Elliott with the 2nd overall pick - I really struggled with that pick - I had McCaffrey last year and he was crazy good. Oh well, I'll enjoy this while it lasts and for sure it won't last. Good luck the rest of the way P7, you deserve a little karma after this loss.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Yikes, sorry about that P7. I thought it was a long shot to be sure. I also thought I would need 35 points from Elliott and 20 from Jones. Then Jones exploded. Imagine if I had taken McCaffrey instead of Elliott with the 2nd overall pick - I really struggled with that pick - I had McCaffrey last year and he was crazy good. Oh well, I'll enjoy this while it lasts and for sure it won't last. Good luck the rest of the way P7, you deserve a little karma after this loss.
    I for one appreciate your pass on McCaffery!

And, ya, I saw that box score for your matchup. That is the toughest way to lose. One of the highest scores for the week and you just get edged out. That's one you look back on at the end of the year depending on where you finish.