Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Congrats on the win Zorro, good luck in the semis!

The McCaffrey juggernaut slowed a bit and shifty quarterback play slowed me down the past couple weeks. Just couldn't quite keep up! Great season though, enjoyed it. Looking forward to next year.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... my RBs are absolutely hobbling into Week 15 Semi-Final.

Jacobs (OAK), my round 4 pick, has been about a 15pt player since Week #5... injured last week.
    Coleman (SF), my round 5 pick, teased me with a 36.8pt game in Week #8... and stepped in the hole-of-shit shortly after that...
    Howard (PHI), who I grabbed after his 31.0pt week #4 game, still averaged 12pts thru Week #9... injured since
    And Penny (SEA), who I claimed with my #1claim after a 18.90pt Week #12, and who gave me a 24.70pt Week #13... goes all torn-ACL minutes into Week #14, out for year.
    The flyer I took a few weeks ago on TB RB2 Barber... starting to look like he's my most dependable option! Oh shit!

I don't know if I should root for Jacobs to play or not in Week #15.
    Fortunately I won my waiver bid for DeAndre over Le'Veon - who also put in claims for AP.

Props to our leaguemates this year, where NOBODY out-of-contention made claims on the top players.
    Thanks boys!!!

Starting Line-Up (currently) for Week #15 vs. Zorro
    PROJ
    22.24pts QB-Watson
    15.54pts WR-Tyreek
    14.22pts WR-Julio
    12.81pts RB-Jacobs (TBD)
    6.40pts RB-Barber
    ***9.58pts or 10.01pts*** TE-Waller vs. Hooper (Waller's been more solid lately... I'm leaning towards him)
    12.65pts FLEX-ARob
    9.09pts K-Gould
    9.32pts D-BAL

Big Thursday night game for Baltimore at home vs. NYJ.
    Hopefully weather is effin cold and the Jets offense is poor.
    Need a big start.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well... my RBs are absolutely hobbling into Week 15 Semi-Final.

Jacobs (OAK), my round 4 pick, has been about a 15pt player since Week #5... injured last week.
    Coleman (SF), my round 5 pick, teased me with a 36.8pt game in Week #8... and stepped in the hole-of-shit shortly after that...
    Howard (PHI), who I grabbed after his 31.0pt week #4 game, still averaged 12pts thru Week #9... injured since
    And Penny (SEA), who I claimed with my #1claim after a 18.90pt Week #12, and who gave me a 24.70pt Week #13... goes all torn-ACL minutes into Week #14, out for year.
    The flyer I took a few weeks ago on TB RB2 Barber... starting to look like he's my most dependable option! Oh shit!

I don't know if I should root for Jacobs to play or not in Week #15.
    Fortunately I won my waiver bid for DeAndre over Le'Veon - who also put in claims for AP.

Props to our leaguemates this year, where NOBODY out-of-contention made claims on the top players.
    Thanks boys!!!

Starting Line-Up (currently) for Week #15 vs. Zorro
    PROJ
    22.24pts QB-Watson
    15.54pts WR-Tyreek
    14.22pts WR-Julio
    12.81pts RB-Jacobs (TBD)
    6.40pts RB-Barber
    ***9.58pts or 10.01pts*** TE-Waller vs. Hooper (Waller's been more solid lately... I'm leaning towards him)
    12.65pts FLEX-ARob
    9.09pts K-Gould
    9.32pts D-BAL

Big Thursday night game for Baltimore at home vs. NYJ.
    Hopefully weather is effin cold and the Jets offense is poor.
    Need a big start.
    That would be greasy!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks boys!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That would be greasy!
    Okay, for the record...once again...in my only other fantasy football league, all the non-playoff teams compete in a 3 week total points (Toilet Bowl) where the top point getter gets his money back. I was in autopilot mode and made a pick up or two in our league AFTER I was eliminated. It was honestly made without malice or knowing who needed what, other than my teams needs. I get how it looked now, but as I said then, there was no intent to screw anyone over. It just turns out that it affected someone whose online demeanor I'm not particularly fond of (rataylor, for those who don't know). I will not do that again because it does come across as potentially spiteful.

This year, I DID make two pick ups last week to try and screw my opponent (coincidentally rataylor!) up after I noticed that his TE was listed as OUT for the week and he didn't have a back up. I took 2 TE's that I thought were at the top of the FA pile (giving me 5 total, lol), but that didn't matter as the TE he picked up scored 14.20 points (5.58 projected) - so much for my strategy. It didn't matter in the end as my team went bonkers and likely shot it's load with 148.42 points, including 4 guys with more than 20 points. Sadly, I am not confident in a repeat this week. Rest assured that if I am eliminated, I will leave the FA's to those left in contention.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

The Wolverine

Disclaimer: I'm probably not the best person to be commenting on this as I chose to be less active this year and thus didn't make a waiver claim.

If someone who has still qualified for the consolation playoffs wants to win it, why shouldn't they be allowed to make claims if it helps their team? There's still pride / playing until the end and I have no problem if that was the case. Even if it's a minority of managers that care enough to keep trying, that makes the league better IMO.

Dobber Sports Titan

In the #1 / #4 semi final, we have a projected spread of 0.02 points.
    108.67 - 108.65. Should be a close one.

I get things kicked off with Bell playing on Thursday, and then the only player left to play by 8pm on Sunday is my kicker Lutz. The scoring should be close the whole way up, I'm just hoping I don't need to stress too much on Monday night.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I feel like I'm going to get hosed by OAK's use of their RB.
    Supposedly... Jacobs is good-to-go (MRI coming back fine).
    But... Washington was just fine last week.

Ho-hum... we'll see how this goes...
    Burned me in Week #3 loss when Jacob's groin only got him 10 carries...

Dobber Sports Titan

After the entire WR core disappointed, and Drake almost singlehandedly makes up for it with a monster night, my season comes down to Lutz kicking for 14 points tonight.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Yeah, 14pts for Lutz is a lot... but not impossible.

40+ FG: 4pts
    reg FG: 3pts
    XP: 1pt
    NO 30 - IND 14

Good luck.
    (I'd rather not play Russ again in championship. Fantasy gods clearly favoured him in our earlier match-up where they let Aaron Jones score 45+ fantasy points!!!)

Meanwhile... my DeshaunShineBand is headed to its first Dobber Fantasy Football Championship Match.
    Woo-friggin-hoo!
    What a team! 140+pts! Without an RB2!
    (Man... if only I had waiver-claimed AP instead of effin Washington)

18.92 QB Watson
    31.90 WR1 J.Jones
    21.30 WR2 Tyreek
    11.90 RB1 J.Jacobs
    5.00 RB2 Barber (woof)
    16.20 TE Waller
    16.00 FLEX A.Robinson
    12.00 K Gould
    7.00 DEF Baltimore

Probably going with Boston Scott in my RB2 next week, unless I find better somewhere!!! **

Dobber Sports Titan

^Yeah, 14pts for Lutz is a lot... but not impossible.

reg FG: 3pts
    NO 30 - IND 14

Good luck.
    (I'd rather not play Russ again in championship. Fantasy gods clearly favoured him in our earlier match-up where they let Aaron Jones score 45+ fantasy points!!!)

Meanwhile... my DeshaunShineBand is headed to its first Dobber Fantasy Football Championship Match.
    Woo-friggin-hoo!
    What a team! 140+pts! Without an RB2!
    (Man... if only I had waiver-claimed AP instead of effin Washington)

18.92 QB Watson
    31.90 WR1 J.Jones
    21.30 WR2 Tyreek
    11.90 RB1 J.Jacobs
    5.00 RB2 Barber (woof)
    16.20 TE Waller
    16.00 FLEX A.Robinson
    12.00 K Gould
    7.00 DEF Baltimore

Probably going with Boston Scott in my RB2 next week, unless I find better somewhere!!! **
    Lutz has hit that mark a few times this season, and he's one of the guys that can consistently hit the 50 yarders, so that's what I'm counting on a little.
    Having my three WRs not even total 10 points just tanked the possibilities on the week.

Also you couldn't have claimed AP since I had the higher priority and had him listed on my claim above Washington
    So don't kick yourself over it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

On a completely irrelevant note, check out the 5 vs 6 matchup!

110.88 (frostbite) vs 110.86 (turtles)

You might have been projected at a 0.02 separation EB, but we actually finished with 0.02 separation! How often do you see a matchup that close!

(Pay no attention to all the points I left on the bench this week as I did no research or look at the potential matchups this week.)

Good luck to the finalists!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    On a completely irrelevant note, check out the 5 vs 6 matchup!

110.88 (frostbite) vs 110.86 (turtles)

You might have been projected at a 0.02 separation EB, but we actually finished with 0.02 separation! How often do you see a matchup that close!

(Pay no attention to all the points I left on the bench this week as I did no research or look at the potential matchups this week.)

Good luck to the finalists!
    Wow, really tough luck there!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    After the entire WR core disappointed, and Drake almost singlehandedly makes up for it with a monster night, my season comes down to Lutz kicking for 14 points tonight.
    Man, right down to the wire again. One play on either of our teams makes or breaks this week. Matt Ryan's last minute TD pass to Julio that took FOREVER to review - I was watching and waiting and waiting and waiting. What are the odds that NE scores 34 points and Edelman has 2 catches for 9 yards? Tonight was tough. That Indy defence couldn't make a stop. I think they only punted once in the entire game. One 40 yd FG and I was toast.

Congrats on a great season EB!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Man, right down to the wire again. One play on either of our teams makes or breaks this week. Matt Ryan's last minute TD pass to Julio that took FOREVER to review - I was watching and waiting and waiting and waiting. What are the odds that NE scores 34 points and Edelman has 2 catches for 9 yards? Tonight was tough. That Indy defence couldn't make a stop. I think they only punted once in the entire game. One 40 yd FG and I was toast.

Congrats on a great season EB!
    And a good season for you as well. You're right it did come down to a bounce, and leaving points on the bench at multiple positions makes it a little more bitter for me. As a tier 1 debut, it was fun, looking forward to taking another stab at it next year!

Dobber Sports Deity

I had an amazing come from behind victory yesterday with Brees/Thomas propelling me to the win! Too bad it meant nothing LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."