Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I'm in the most boring match-up EVER with Sony Side Up.
    Currently: 77.83 (him) vs. 73.86 (me, with Tyreek to play MNF)

TD Totals:
    0, by our QB combined. DeShaun Watson had 4.96pts! Jared Goff had 6.22pts!
    0, by our WR combined. Julio, ARobIII, Beckham, Sanders, T.Williams... all o-fer.
    0, by our RB combined. Coleman, Jacobs, Sanders, White... all missed the end zone.
    0, by our TE combined. Waller & Fant both didn't score... though both had red zone throws to them late in their games.

*Highest scoring player for BOTH of us... our D.
    I got 15pts from BAL... (and would've been 20pts had it not been for late Carlos Hyde run).
    He got 16pts from CLE...
    And neither of those include a TD.

I need 4.0pts from Tyreek Hill tonight for an U-G-L-Y win.
    40yd or 3catch,25yd... something like that.
    Should be gold... but heck, Allen Robinson only got me 3.5pts last night... so ya never know!!!
    If somehow Hill flops, and Mahomes doesn't get 40+ points for me to lose my matchup in a massive Monday comeback, I would jump into second place, which would be 100% because I'm averaging 19.4 points from my DEF this season.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

It's starting to get interesting! This may be the last week I have sole possession of 1st, and may be the last week I'm in first period with two tough matchups to wrap up the season.

A 10 point lead heading into tonight against the Red Bulls. Mike Williams for me, Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler for him. Doesn't look good and I'm forecasted to lose, which would drop me to 8-3, with PEng and EB projected to win, setting up a three-way tie for first.

My next two games you ask? Against PEng and EB.
    PEng gets me in my worst bye week, with Murray, Kirk and Williams all out.
    EB matchup should be a close one and could very well determine the second first round bye.
    If I manage to hold onto a win this week, it would result in clinching a playoff spot. Three straight losses with low points scored could see me just miss the playoffs (I may have a spot clinched regardless as many of the 5-5 teams faceoff against each other over the next two weeks).

In the too early to look ahead but we'll do it anyways section...
    As it stands, some key Weed 12/13 matchups include:
    Week 12
    Turtles vs DeShaun - the battle for 1st place (with EB potentially taking the top spot with a high scoring win of his own vs SonySide)
    LeVeon vs Sony - LeVeon gunning for 1st, Sony trying to stay in the playoff picture. Big implications for both sides
    Frostbite vs Chubb - Similarly to the above, Chubb needs a win to avoid falling out of the picture while Frostbite wants a win to solidify a spot and stay in the race for a bye
    Zorro's vs Johnny - both teams expected to be at 6-5, the winner will be in great shape to make the playoffs, the loser will be in a much tougher spot to make it in and may need some help
    Week 13
    Turtles vs LeVeon - Likely first round bye implications in this matchup
    Zorro's vs Chubb - Could be a battle for one of the final playoff spots
    Hobbit vs Johnny - Similarly, could be a battle for one of the final playoff spots

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    It's starting to get interesting! This may be the last week I have sole possession of 1st, and may be the last week I'm in first period with two tough matchups to wrap up the season.

A 10 point lead heading into tonight against the Red Bulls. Mike Williams for me, Keenan Allen and Austin Ekeler for him. Doesn't look good and I'm forecasted to lose, which would drop me to 8-3, with PEng and EB projected to win, setting up a three-way tie for first.

My next two games you ask? Against PEng and EB.
    PEng gets me in my worst bye week, with Murray, Kirk and Williams all out.
    EB matchup should be a close one and could very well determine the second first round bye.
    If I manage to hold onto a win this week, it would result in clinching a playoff spot. Three straight losses with low points scored could see me just miss the playoffs (I may have a spot clinched regardless as many of the 5-5 teams faceoff against each other over the next two weeks).

In the too early to look ahead but we'll do it anyways section...
    As it stands, some key Weed 12/13 matchups include:
    Week 12
    Turtles vs DeShaun - the battle for 1st place (with EB potentially taking the top spot with a high scoring win of his own vs SonySide)
    LeVeon vs Sony - LeVeon gunning for 1st, Sony trying to stay in the playoff picture. Big implications for both sides
    Frostbite vs Chubb - Similarly to the above, Chubb needs a win to avoid falling out of the picture while Frostbite wants a win to solidify a spot and stay in the race for a bye
    Zorro's vs Johnny - both teams expected to be at 6-5, the winner will be in great shape to make the playoffs, the loser will be in a much tougher spot to make it in and may need some help
    Week 13
    Turtles vs LeVeon - Likely first round bye implications in this matchup
    Zorro's vs Chubb - Could be a battle for one of the final playoff spots
    Hobbit vs Johnny - Similarly, could be a battle for one of the final playoff spots
    I'll be 5-6 after this week as well and just as thick in the playoff picture as some. I've got the goon squad (soon to be 3-8) next week and Sony the last week so don't count me out yet.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I'll be 5-6 after this week as well and just as thick in the playoff picture as some. I've got the goon squad (soon to be 3-8) next week and Sony the last week so don't count me out yet.
    7-6 could be enough to squeak in!
    Going to be a fun last few weeks. My season may go in the tank though if Bell goes down.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    For sure, I saw that! I just didn't dig into the deeper ones, as with two (kind of three) weeks to go, almost everyone in the middle still has some avenue into the playoffs. Also helping you out is that many of the currently 5-5's faceoff against each other in the coming weeks as well, so you should have an opportunity to gain some ground and get in. All you have to do is keeping winning!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    For sure, I saw that! I just didn't dig into the deeper ones, as with two (kind of three) weeks to go, almost everyone in the middle still has some avenue into the playoffs. Also helping you out is that many of the currently 5-5's faceoff against each other in the coming weeks as well, so you should have an opportunity to gain some ground and get in. All you have to do is keeping winning!
    Ya, I gotta run the table to have a chance.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jeez, after a 4-1 start, came up lame with 4 straight losses until last week's mercy win (with 94.18 pts, yikes!). Tonight is likely going to be a nailbiter, up by 22 points (on Bettman Fumbles), but he's got Melvin Gordon (who's coming off his best two weeks of the year) and K-Butker. I've got hot, but mostly cold Sammy Watkins, who, if I'm lucky will get me 9-10 points and K-Badgley. I am completely positive that the 22 point buffer is not going to be enough. The worst part is in my only other league, I've got Gordon!!

Here's hoping!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Fantasy football is crazy sometimes.

Dobber Sports Superstar

First quarter quad injury for T. Hill?!? I did not see that coming.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well... there's fantasy football for ya.
    Tyreek Hill... injury in Q1 (deja-vu: Week1), 0.00pts... loss.
    Six game win-streak, over.
    I just can't believe my team underscored their projection by FIFTY points! (124.21pts projected... 73.86pts actual)
    FIFTY. That's gotta be some sort of record.

My team when Tyreek Hill gets points: 6-0. (Weeks 1,6,7,8,9,10)
    My team with Tyreek Hill injured: 1-4. (Weeks 2,3,4,5.......11)
    Dude has actually averaged 19.9 fp/g in his full games. [That would qualify him as top WR, by average.]

And to boot... the team that beat me, Sony Side Up, is the lowest scoring team in our league... and is... 6-5.
    W.T.F.

And next week Tyreek is on bye.
    Brutal, shaking head, just brutal.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well. I can certainly say that is not how I expected to backdoor fall into staying in third place. That is a tough beat.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well... there's fantasy football for ya.
    Tyreek Hill... injury in Q1 (deja-vu: Week1), 0.00pts... loss.
    Six game win-streak, over.
    I just can't believe my team underscored their projection by FIFTY points! (124.21pts projected... 73.86pts actual)
    FIFTY. That's gotta be some sort of record.

My team when Tyreek Hill gets points: 6-0. (Weeks 1,6,7,8,9,10)
    My team with Tyreek Hill injured: 1-4. (Weeks 2,3,4,5.......11)
    Dude has actually averaged 19.9 fp/g in his full games. [That would qualify him as top WR, by average.]

And to boot... the team that beat me, Sony Side Up, is the lowest scoring team in our league... and is... 6-5.
    W.T.F.

And next week Tyreek is on bye.
    Brutal, shaking head, just brutal.
    Sony Side Up checking in. That was a tough loss for you Pen. I'll be honest, I didn't watch the MNFer and was shocked to see the results on Tuesday.

I'm hoping to win out and sneak into the playoffs. Good luck the next 2 weeks, boys!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by clo-clo View Post
    Sony Side Up checking in. That was a tough loss for you Pen. I'll be honest, I didn't watch the MNFer and was shocked to see the results on Tuesday.

I'm hoping to win out and sneak into the playoffs. Good luck the next 2 weeks, boys!
    I guess there is a Sony Side Up in both leagues!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I guess there is a Sony Side Up in both leagues!
    lol really? I like the name but hate the player! I should've gone with my 2nd choice, Davante's Inferno.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by clo-clo View Post
    lol really? I like the name but hate the player! I should've gone with my 2nd choice, Davante's Inferno.
    Yes I believe 4T2 is Sony Side Up in our tier.