Thread: Help with a trade

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Help with a trade

My league is a 3 pitcher keeper league. Right now my 3 keepers are clevinger, casey mize and Mackenzie gore. I was offered snell, may(dodgers) and his 1st round pick next year for clevinger and one of my 3rd round picks next year. I'm done for this year. Should I do it?

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Help with a trade

Welcome to the forums. You wont get as many baseball replies on here as you will hockey ones, but there's still a few baseball fantasy guys around these parts. Let me see what I can do.

I am curious as to your reasoning behind keeping a couple prospect pitchers who have yet to make it to the bigs in such a limited keeper. Dont get me wrong, both Gore and Mize are highly touted prospect pitchers but they are still just prospects.

Blake Snell is one of the best younger pitchers in baseball today. I like May as a prospect pitcher (he's probably the best coming up for LA) but I dont like him as much as Mize or Gore. In a limited keeper like this, unless you plan on keeping May, I dont see any reason why you'd want to acquire him in any trade, especially if you are out of it at this point so for that reason alone, I wouldn't do this trade. That being said, if you can get Snell without getting another pitcher back with him, I'd be all over that.

Who are your other pitchers that you feel the need to keep two kids who have yet to throw a big league pitch?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Recruit

Matt Fiers,david price, mike minor, ian.kennedy, carlos Martinez, dakota hudson, clevinger, jon gray and andrew heaney... and of course mize and gore ...not much to choose from... I look as may as a throw in. Would keep snell, mize and gore and get his first round pick. I have 2 3rd round picks

Dobber Sports Deity

Maybe its just me, but I wouldnt be keeping Mize or Gore if I didnt have a minors roster to hide them. I assume you are wasting roster spaces on these two as well.

I am in a full dynasty league with a minors system, and we can keep guys under a certain amount of AB or IP before we need to call them up and roster them (or cut them free) and that makes sense, but I cant get past rostering two kids who are wasting spots in a limited keeper.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."