Thread: Fantasy Hockey Geek Experts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Fantasy Hockey Geek Experts?

Does anyone know exactly how the Draft Guru works? I’ve been using it for about 4 years straight, but I just want to make sure I’m using it to its full advantage.

Here are a couple questions I have:

- When it comes to the Stat Priority, how does it calculate what # we should be achieving for each scoring category?

- We keep 8 players and 10 minor leaguers, but the minor leaguers shouldn’t really get to count towards our active roster because they aren’t active players. Does FHG Draft Guru know that it shouldn’t calculate minor leaguer stats when they are coming up with their threshold for stats that we should be drafting for?

- I’m trying to play around with a mock Guru right now and even though I have 5665 out of the suggested 3659 Saves, it is still saying that Saves are my #1 Stat Priority. I don’t have enough Assists, FOW or +/- yet so why is Saves still my #1 Stat Priority?

- In my upcoming draft, I have 12 of the first 18 draft selections and 15 of the first 27 picks, do I just keep manually inputting those picks under my team name and it will continue to give me the Draft Guru’s best choice?

- Does the Draft Guru take positions into account or will it suggest I keep taking the best player available?

- I also can’t find Byram, Turcotte and Podkolzin in the search feature. Those are just three names I searched. I found Hughes. Is this being constantly updated?

Thank you. Even without me knowing how to use the Guru properly, I still win every year solely because of the Ultimate Fantasy Pack Dobber provides.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Geek Experts?

Bump. Just hoping for someone to clarify things for me.

The Great One

Trying sending a PM to fantasyhockeygeek;
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/memb...tasyhockeygeek

If he can't answer, I suspect nobody can

Dobber Sports Genius

This needs the FHG bat signal.

Attached Images Attached Images
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Star

LOL Moses, you kill me.

[quote]- When it comes to the Stat Priority, how does it calculate what # we should be achieving for each scoring category?[quote]

The guru calculates the owned player population, and then from that estimates the amount of each stat that will be required to come in at the top of that category. From there, it adds another 15% to the target to make you work harder.

- We keep 8 players and 10 minor leaguers, but the minor leaguers shouldn’t really get to count towards our active roster because they aren’t active players. Does FHG Draft Guru know that it shouldn’t calculate minor leaguer stats when they are coming up with their threshold for stats that we should be drafting for?
    Yes.

- I’m trying to play around with a mock Guru right now and even though I have 5665 out of the suggested 3659 Saves, it is still saying that Saves are my #1 Stat Priority. I don’t have enough Assists, FOW or +/- yet so why is Saves still my #1 Stat Priority?
    Something is funny -- suggest you contact the site so we can troubleshoot it.

- In my upcoming draft, I have 12 of the first 18 draft selections and 15 of the first 27 picks, do I just keep manually inputting those picks under my team name and it will continue to give me the Draft Guru’s best choice?
    Yes. Enter the picks as you get them onto your team and the Guru recalculates the recommendations for you.

- Does the Draft Guru take positions into account or will it suggest I keep taking the best player available?
    You can't turn off your brain. All the guru does is tell you the most valuable players available, according to their true position-adjusted value in your league. You're still going to have to pick your players and fill your roster according to your judgement.

- I also can’t find Byram, Turcotte and Podkolzin in the search feature. Those are just three names I searched. I found Hughes. Is this being constantly updated?
    These players probably just need to be added to the database, not that the Guru will say much about them because their projected stats for the year are modest. Contact the site and it's an easy fix.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Amazing. Thank you. I look forward to another championship. It is almost like you are my caddy in golf, except I pay you in advance for winning. Golfers pay their caddy’s 10% of their winnings...unless you are Matt Kuchar.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Amazing. Thank you. I look forward to another championship. It is almost like you are my caddy in golf, except I pay you in advance for winning. Golfers pay their caddy’s 10% of their winnings...unless you are Matt Kuchar.
    That's one for Fantasy Golf Geek

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Newbie

I was hoping someone could help me understand how to fully use FHG. Currently I've linked into my Yahoo league and have a list of players using "The current seasons statistics". I'm assuming this means the 2018/19 season? It's a points only league and the stats I get along the top of my list are:

Rank Player Team NHL Team Pos Salary FHG Value GP P Fantasy Points $/FHG Val

My questions:

I'm not really sure what I've paid for as all this does is list players based on points totals.

The rankings here are different to Dobbers top 300 skaters rankings - probably because it's ranking based on point totals and not Dobbers rankings?

What does FHG Value mean - it's the exact same number as Points?

I thought I was able to access some sort of draft guru that I could use in real time during the draft; however, when I click on the draft guru tab it just tells me to purchase it and explains what it is.

Any help is greatly appreciated.