Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Keep Lundqvist or Talbot?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Keep Lundqvist or Talbot?

Wins and shutouts only. Funny how they used to be on the same team once upon a time..

Which would you keep for this year? Need to cut one loose because Saros and Hutton probably need to stay, along with Hellboy.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Keep Lundqvist or Talbot?

I'd probably cut Lundy of the two. With his age it's more likely he'll sit on the wire and go unclaimed if Talbot turns into a bust - you can just go grab him back.
    Whereas I see whoever owns Rittich swiping Talbot to lock down the cuffs.

In a 10tm league, you should be able to work a deal or two to lock down some handcuffs - Hutton/Ullmark, Talbot/Rittich, Lundy/Georgiev - give you more consistent G starts
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd look to see if you can deal either for anything. I don't think either has much future beyond a tandem guy for the next year or two.

I'd be more likley to keep Talbot if you must, as he is younger, but neither are very exciting. then again, you are keeping Hutton, so unexciting seems to be valued in that league.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Ah but therein lies the conundrum. This keeper/dynasty league has no waiver wire. I can likely draft one of Georgiev or Rittich but not both. Rittich will cost me a first rounder, over say someone like Labanc. I was wondering if I dropped Lundy to then pick up Rittich and have the handcuff in CGY over hoping the 37 yr old Lundqvist has a good year on an improved NY roster. It’s tempting though, the rangers.. I’m considering dropping another forward (Fabrege egg is already a drop) to keep more goalies on which to roll the dice...

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Jedi

i take Cgy duo over NYR duo. Rangers improved, but they're still behind Cgy as a whole
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Ah but therein lies the conundrum. This keeper/dynasty league has no waiver wire. I can likely draft one of Georgiev or Rittich but not both. Rittich will cost me a first rounder, over say someone like Labanc. I was wondering if I dropped Lundy to then pick up Rittich and have the handcuff in CGY over hoping the 37 yr old Lundqvist has a good year on an improved NY roster. It’s tempting though, the rangers.. I’m considering dropping another forward (Fabrege egg is already a drop) to keep more goalies on which to roll the dice...

Thoughts?
    So once the draft is done the league's players are locked in? That makes this more interesting, then. Clearly nobody has Rittich or Georgiev, and I'd want both of them on the roster. However, if Labanc is your round 1 target, you won't get Rittich.

So I'd keep Talbot for sure as he's more enticing as either your own tandem guy, or the handcuff for someone else.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Giant

Both guys will probably be in the area of 40-45 starts, and I would definitely prefer Talbot in CGY just for wins and shutouts. It should be really valuable locking down that tandem with Rittich if you can manage it.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Lundqvist for me. You can't rely on Lundqvist nor Talbot but I still prefer the vet who still has it. In the worst case scenario he is sharing the net with Georgiev. Talbot is cleary behind Rittich and a lot has to happen in order for him to start more than 30-35 games.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Master

Thanks for the replies so far guys/gals. I’ll hit with rep (if you’re into that) when I get home. I certainly appreciate the discussion and feedback. I’m still not quite sure what to do. I might find a way to keep both but it would require cutting a forward. Alternatively I could look to acquire an expensive (acquisition cost-wise) starter from another team, maybe selling high on Lindholm and flipping high picks, but the advisory trend lately is to not overspend on goaltending (despite its enormous value) due to its great volatility. I.e. it’s best to draft and hope.....

That’s right stevegamer, the team complement is locked after the draft and then starting lineups are set for the season, with a bench but very limited substitutions.

Dobber Sports Genius

Coming at this sideways...

Why are you keeping Hutton over Lundqvist and/or Talbot?

Also, to piggie back on earlier comments, I like the idea or securing the Calgary tandem if possible. If you can land Rinne to go with your Saros then even better.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Icon

Late here but give me Talbot. Lundy is going to be on a steady decline, Talbot has a chance to improve.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Coming at this sideways...

Why are you keeping Hutton over Lundqvist and/or Talbot?

Also, to piggie back on earlier comments, I like the idea or securing the Calgary tandem if possible. If you can land Rinne to go with your Saros then even better.
    My assumption is that Hutton is younger than Lundqvist and was signed to start, despite what happened last year. Can he end up worse than the other two? Yes. But to me they’re all three terrible... he also had the most recent success albeit on another (and better) team. Should I be dropping Hutton vs the others? Not sure what to do man..

Also I tried to get Rinne but the acquisition cost is too high. To make matters worse (research the goalie thread if you want) I flipped Rinne for Talbot straight up, when talbot was coming off his stellar year...). To hedge bets and rinne’s decline. Yeah, worked out great..

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Also I tried to get Rinne but the acquisition cost is too high. To make matters worse (research the goalie thread if you want) I flipped Rinne for Talbot straight up, when talbot was coming off his stellar year...). To hedge bets and rinne’s decline. Yeah, worked out great..
    The thread: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...inne+agentzero
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Woof. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to evaluate these guys. And now back again potentially coming full circle with Talbot potentially having value again after a disaster season in a 1A/1B role with a top team.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    Woof. Just goes to show you how difficult it is to evaluate these guys. And now back again potentially coming full circle with Talbot potentially having value again after a disaster season in a 1A/1B role with a top team.
    The comedy at my expense lemme tell ya... and it easily cost me one if not two titles. Ridiculous.