Thread: Dahlin Trade

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dahlin Trade

Just kicked off the inaugural part 1 draft of a new cap dynasty (details in sig), and I've been swinging trades for two days straight. Most have been pretty straight forward. Our first draft is to draft NHL teams, and three keepers for each team. Obviously heavily favours the top picks, I ended up dead last at 31. Long story short, managed to trade up to 5 and land Toronto, although I had to give up Tavares in exchange for what ultimately ended up being the 17th overall pick in the snake draft to come in September.

So this is where I'm currently standing:

Frederik Andersen
    Auston Matthews
    17th overall pick
    27th overall pick

I also had to trade my 2nd for 4th, and 8th for 10th to get up from 31st to 5th, so I have no 2nd, 2 4ths, no 8th, and 2 10ths.

I have an offer on the table for Dahlin, first trade that has me scratching my head: My 17th overall / my 6th / my 30th - for - Dahlin / his 10th / his 20th.

Some of the players available in the first round are Karlsson, Rielly, Giordano, Nurse, Marner, Stamkos, Point, Landeskog, Zib, Hertl, Kuznetzov, Malkin, Giroux... There are also currently 18 teams without goalies, and the pickings are pretty slim, so I'm expecting at least a couple to go in the first.

Dahlin would obviously go early in the first round if he was available, feel like I'm overthinking the drop from 6 to 10 (just based on BPA it's about a 50 point drop in PAR). That said, it's not unthinkable that Rielly might drop to 17 with the quality forwards and goalie situation. The gain from 30 to 20 is well after starters will have been pillaged, so it's going to be slim pickings.

Anyway, any feedback much appreciated!
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Dahlin Trade

I'd prefer to lock up Dahlin for that 1st round pick. The drop from round 6 to 10 shouldn't be as big a deal as the uncertainty of what you may get at 17.

Where did that guy take Buffalo, out of curiosity? And what team went 31st?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Buffalo went at 11, 31 got Minnesota. I was terrified of getting LA, he did slightly better.

Yeah I'm leaning towards hitting the go button. My calculations/assessments always presume that everyone drafts BPA, which obviously doesn't always happen.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)

Roster

Dobber Sports Superstar

I say absolutely hit the go button. While I don't necessarily like the term generational talent, I think Dahlin has already shown that he may very well fit the bill. In a Dynasty (or any other league for that matter), you lock these guys up with any opportunity you have. Sounds like there's opportunity. Pull the trigger.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Absolutely did! Owning Dahlin for the next (I hope) decade should be a nice thing

Thanks for the feedback!
    Ice Cap

Roster