Thread: Smith and Talbot......what the hell to do??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Smith and Talbot......what the hell to do??

I originally didnt have intentions on even considering keeping either one at the end of last season. But now i find myslelf in a situation where Im not so sure. They both seem to have a chance to rebound now being on new teams.....and from what I have been reading....a lot believe both have a legit shot at stealing.the job....if not a 1A/1B situation. This is definitely a reach from my perspective....but after reading it from multiple sources....I am beginning to question my stance on these guys. Am I missing something?....should I indeed roll the dice on one/both on these guys?
    Koskinen is signed for the bigger/longer contract.....but old regime signing. New regime could favour Smith since they are the ones to sign him

In Calgary Talbot has a great team playing in front of.him which could spark his confidence/play.
    The other players i would consider keeping/throwing back instead of them are Lee, Wilson, Matheson.
    Either way its gamble. Thought? Thanks again!!!!
    2 pts for win
    1 pt for OT loss
    2 pts extra for shutout
    Point only league
    14 team points only league
    9 forwards (3 of each position)
    4 defense
    2 goalies
    farm team option
    Must submit top 4 pointing players back into draft at end of every season
    14 rounds
    Can only carry over 12 players each year

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Smith and Talbot......what the hell to do??

Flames fan here, but I honestly think Talbot has a better chance at rebounding than Smith. Aside from McD, Drai and RNH, they don't have the offensive talent to win games for Smith. Calgary does. Edmonton also has a worse defensive core so Smith isn't getting help there. I don't think Talbot steals us many games but he'll play better than Smith in Edmonton. Mostly because of the support Talbot has in Calgary.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Smith and Talbot......what the hell to do??

I'd be willing to toss Smith back. Talbot I might be able to talk myself into keeping due to the flames being a good team for wins - we think. I wouldn't toss Lee or Wilson back for them, though. I think Gudas' presence helps Wilson a bit since he doesn't need to enforce as much.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.