Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Signing] Kevn Shattenkirk to Tampa Bay Lightning

Administrator

Default Re: [Signing] Kevn Shattenkirk to Tampa Bay Lightning

Perception matters too. Anaheim probably gets Shattenkirk more points but there's other factors to consider.

Anaheim: More points, but a non-playoff team (negative atmosphere) so the negatives would stand out more especially if his role is expanded.
    Tampa Bay: Less points, but a strong team allowing him to play a more sheltered role with plenty of goal support. Winning helps him rebuild his name value.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Perception matters too. Anaheim probably gets Shattenkirk more points but there's other factors to consider.

Anaheim: More points, but a non-playoff team (negative atmosphere) so the negatives would stand out more especially if his role is expanded.
    Tampa Bay: Less points, but a strong team allowing him to play a more sheltered role with plenty of goal support. Winning helps him rebuild his name value.
    With the talent on Tampa vs the Talent on Anahiem. What reasoning do you feel that Shatty would get more points in ANA vs TB? Tampa has scoring throughout the line up that can prop up 3rd pairing guys and Anahiem does not

Fowler will still see top PP time in ANA

I remember when TB would put Stralman on PP1 over Hedman as Hedman shoots L and Stralman shoots R, well Shattenkirk shoots R and that would lead me to believe that TB's plan may be to play Hedman a ton at EV and SH and give Stattenkirk the PP1 spot unless he is terrible. Of course this is not set in stone and it will likely stay Hedman but the memory of Stralman on PP1 won't go away for me. Plus 1 month on PP1 in Tampa (for the annual Hedman injury) is better than 1 month on PP1 time in ANA (the annual Fowler injury)
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    With the talent on Tampa vs the Talent on Anahiem. What reasoning do you feel that Shatty would get more points in ANA vs TB? Tampa has scoring throughout the line up that can prop up 3rd pairing guys and Anahiem does not

Fowler will still see top PP time in ANA

I remember when TB would put Stralman on PP1 over Hedman as Hedman shoots L and Stralman shoots R, well Shattenkirk shoots R and that would lead me to believe that TB's plan may be to play Hedman a ton at EV and SH and give Stattenkirk the PP1 spot unless he is terrible. Of course this is not set in stone and it will likely stay Hedman but the memory of Stralman on PP1 won't go away for me. Plus 1 month on PP1 in Tampa (for the annual Hedman injury) is better than 1 month on PP1 time in ANA (the annual Fowler injury)
    Bolded #1) Opportunity and minutes
    Bolded #2) Fowler isn't even that good offensively so I'd call that a weak assumption.

Dobber Sports Pro

Bolded #1) Opportunity and minutes
    Bolded #2) Fowler isn't even that good offensively so I'd call that a weak assumption.
    Fowler really hasn't ever been good but they still give him that 1PP role because contract.

I'd take less minutes with better players on Tampa than more minutes with worse players on Anaheim, but I understand where you are coming from. I think he will have a better opportunity to produce in Tampa, especially if he gets that Tampa 1PP role because he is right handed and Hedman is not
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    Fowler really hasn't ever been good but they still give him that 1PP role because contract.

I'd take less minutes with better players on Tampa than more minutes with worse players on Anaheim, but I understand where you are coming from. I think he will have a better opportunity to produce in Tampa, especially if he gets that Tampa 1PP role because he is right handed and Hedman is not
    I don't buy the right-handed shot factor. That was a thing in 2016. Times have changed.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't buy the right-handed shot factor. That was a thing in 2016. Times have changed.
    Especially if they are only running 1 D on the PP.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Chasing a cup on the East Coast.

I just don't think he wanted to leave the coast. The chance to play for a top 3 cup contending team... that's gravy
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He certainly could - if he is not using the accrual method of accounting and counting income when it becomes a receivable. Most sizeable businesses use the accrual method. Most individuals use the cash method. Some jurisdictions require that individuals use the cash method. For individuals, suing the cash method means that it normally depends on when the income is received. I will concede that I have never done taxes for any pro athletes, nor have I ever done any individual returns which used the accrual method.

Being owed money is not the same as being paid money. It depends on where he lives when he gets paid.
    Ohh another accountant on the forum
    I thought I was the only one
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

The Great One

Cali also has the second highest state income tax rate in the country (behind only New York!!). Not so sunny FLA.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch