• IGOR SHESTERKIN

16 69.57%

Thread: IGOR SHESTERKIN vs ILYA SOROKIN

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default IGOR SHESTERKIN vs ILYA SOROKIN

who will have the best career in nhl

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: IGOR SHESTERKIN vs ILYA SOROKIN

I think they are similar in talent but Shesterkin arrives in a Rangers team that starts to be built to be a powerhouse in the next years and the timing for him can't be better, similar to Vasilevskyi when Tampa Bay started to rise.

Dobber Sports Giant

I like Shesterkin, and that's in large part due to this analysis from Greg Balloch in In Goal magazine, "Sorokin vs. Shestyorkin - A Style Comparison" :

https://ingoalmag.com/features/sorok...le-comparison/

The TL;DR version of the article is that while Sorokin has the slightly superior athleticism and raw talent (both are very athletic, agile goaltenders), Shesterkin has the more technically sound game, including more mature positional play and post-integration. These elements will mean that Shesterkin will likely have a much easier transition to the North American game, and also have a more technical basis on which to succeed as opposed to relying more on sheer athleticism.

They are both elite goalie prospects who should have very successful careers, but another factor is also relative team quality. The Rangers are absolutely loaded with prime young talent, and by the time these two are starters for their relative teams, the Rangers should be a superior club at forward and defense. Shesterkin is also already transitioning to the North American pro game, so that's another feather in his cap.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Sage

Sorokin + Mitch Korn > Shesterkin

The Great One

I'll vote for the goalie who is in North America, willing to play in the AHL, and has a better path to the NHL on team on the rise...

Dobber Sports Padawan

I like Shestyorkin more but it's not by much. His team scores a lot but if I'm not mistaken, they're not the best defensively so I think his numbers are a true indication that he's as advertised.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Best career is impossible to tell between these two guys. I'd lean to the guy in North America, as well, because he's at least left the KHL, as there's no guarantee the other guy will. But I'm not really remotely close to an expert on goalie prospects.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

I voted for Shesterkin but I don't have a clue who will have the best NHL career. I like what the Rangers are doing so I'll go with him. I also like the fact he's shown he wants to play in the NHL by making the leap.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Goalies are voodoo.

I voted Sorokin, but I have them both equal, so flip a coin really.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd find some scouts who have watched both of them play and see have to say. I love Shesterkin but that is because I have followed him for several seasons and he has been a superstar. I have paid little attention to Sorokin.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov