Thread: Mikhail Sergachev for...

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Mikhail Sergachev for...

Hello everyone, long time lurker first time poster here.

We are going into the second year in this league. I drafted this team young with the hopes of it becoming a contender in 2-4 years from now and continuing for a long time after that. I have a potential trade in the works. I get Sergachev and next years 5th round pick while he gets Palmieri and next years 3rd round pick. I feel like Palmieri while very good in this league right now will be closing in on the tail of his prime by the time my team is in contention. Hopefully by that time Sergachev has made the jump to being a fantasy star. I'm leaning towards this is something I should do before the other team pulls back. He made the playoffs last season but doesn't really feel like he is in contention till his goalies mature in a couple years. Convince me one way or the other please.
    12 Team, Weekly H2H, Daily Lineup, Dynasty

25 man roster
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Bench

G 2, A 1, PPP/SHP 0.5, GWG 0.5, Shot 0.2, Hit 0.2, Blk 0.2, PIM 0.2
    W 2, SO 2, SV 0.2, GA -1

C McDavid, JGP, Rakell
    LW Forsberg, Pacioretty, Fiala
    RW Palmieri, Mantha, Svechnikov
    D Dunn, Pulock, Chabot, Nurse, Provorov, Hronek
    G Markstrom, Shesterkin

Labanc, Gustafsson, Bjorkstrand, R Thomas, Keller, S Johns
    Saros, Rittich

Minors
    A Turcotte, Tolvanen, Farabee, J Robertson, R Lavoie, Batherson, Wahlstrom, Bemstrom
    Clague, Valimaki
    Demko, Prosvetov, J Johansson

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Mikhail Sergachev for...

I don't think this is a bad trade, but Palmieri seems like he's on the verge of a great fantasy season in NJ so I would wait to deal him. I'd wager that midseason you can make a similar deal without sending the pick upgrade, or even better.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I don't think this is a bad trade, but Palmieri seems like he's on the verge of a great fantasy season in NJ so I would wait to deal him. I'd wager that midseason you can make a similar deal without sending the pick upgrade, or even better.
    I agree Palmieri could really boost his value this year. The problem is people in this league are really in love with their prospects and young players, I think due to the fact that the league is so new. So I'm not sure if I would be able to make a better deal later.

25 man roster

W 2, SO 2, SV 0.2, GA -1

C McDavid, JGP, Rakell
    G Markstrom, Shesterkin

Saros, Rittich

Minors
    A Turcotte, Tolvanen, Farabee, J Robertson, R Lavoie, Batherson, Wahlstrom, Bemstrom
    Clague, Valimaki

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sumwunn View Post
    I agree Palmieri could really boost his value this year. The problem is people in this league are really in love with their prospects and young players, I think due to the fact that the league is so new. So I'm not sure if I would be able to make a better deal later.
    Where did the other GM end up in this pool last year (i.e. year one of the pool)? While I get everyone in new league loves their prospects, they also presumably love winning a championship even more. I'd have to think Palmeiri could fetch you a top notch prospect from somebody competing to win...

MaxPac and Palms are your only two obvious trade candidates for the strategy you mention, and I think you really need to cash in. Sergachev just feels like a light return.

Of course, sometimes the danger in dynasty leagues is being in a group of a large number of team, all of whom are trying to get younger and compete later. It puts drastic inflation on prospects...

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Where did the other GM end up in this pool last year (i.e. year one of the pool)? While I get everyone in new league loves their prospects, they also presumably love winning a championship even more. I'd have to think Palmeiri could fetch you a top notch prospect from somebody competing to win...

MaxPac and Palms are your only two obvious trade candidates for the strategy you mention, and I think you really need to cash in. Sergachev just feels like a light return.

Of course, sometimes the danger in dynasty leagues is being in a group of a large number of team, all of whom are trying to get younger and compete later. It puts drastic inflation on prospects...
    He finished 5th, out in the first round of the playoffs. One thing that I forgot to mention is the picks he wants to trade are picks that we traded each other last year in a previous deal. So he would be getting his own 3rd back and I would be getting my 5th back. Looking through everyone else in the league all of the teams that are really in win now mode are set at RW/poor prospects/have said their prospects are untouchable. I really seem to be talking myself into this...

25 man roster

W 2, SO 2, SV 0.2, GA -1

C McDavid, JGP, Rakell
    G Markstrom, Shesterkin

Saros, Rittich

Minors
    Clague, Valimaki

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums!

I'd do the trade without the pick swap. Even though he's older, Palmeiri is the better player and the production he offers compared to Sergachev should offset the age difference. If the other GM disagrees, then I'd tell him thanks but no thanks and walk away from the trade.

If you want to trade Palmeiri, wait until the season gets rolling and he's putting up good numbers.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

He finished 5th, out in the first round of the playoffs. One thing that I forgot to mention is the picks he wants to trade are picks that we traded each other last year in a previous deal. So he would be getting his own 3rd back and I would be getting my 5th back. Looking through everyone else in the league all of the teams that are really in win now mode are set at RW/poor prospects/have said their prospects are untouchable. I really seem to be talking myself into this...
    At the end of the day, you know your league and the dynamics best. While the consensus here is that the return is a tad light, it's not a horrible trade. (Assuming it's a full dynasty, the third rounder you are giving up will likely be a late first or early 2nd round NHL pick, while you'd get a late 2nd round pick back. It shouldn't be make or break if you are totally convinced this is the best you can do..

Dobber Sports Icon

If everyone in your league is "in love with their prospects and young players" then means you should be trying to win championships right now. Start trading away your young players and prospects for ~27- 30 year olds with proven production. Win the league a few times before the league folds. You should be the one trading Sergachev for Palmieri and not the other way around.

Outside of that, the trade you have on your table is not a good one for you. Sergachev is, at best, the 4th best dman in Tampa Bay while Palmieri is the Devils 2nd best winger. Why would you need to downgrade a pick to make that trade? Palmieri will outpoint Sergachev with your league settings for the next 3 years easily.

The Great One

You defi Italy should not have to add for sergachev. He is very buried and Palmieri is poised for a monster season. I don't think you need to rush to close this at all. Wait til the first 20 games are done- then when pmieri has 10 goals and 22 points you can ask for a significant plus to sergachev and the six points he's brought to the table...