Poll: The owner of which player should get Bauer

Thread: please vote on who should get Bauer

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default please vote on who should get Bauer

Our NL only keeper league allows teams losing players in trades like this to acquire the player coming back.

This Puig trade is obviously a head-scratcher as there are two "victims."

One team contending for title in 2019 owns Puig (on a $27 2nd year of 3 year contract, earning $25 in our 4x4 format according to my value calculator) and a rival for 2019 title owns Reyes ($10, 2nd of 3 year contract, earning $14 according to same calculator).

We're supposed to work this out between us, and if we can't then it goes to an arbitration panel. I guess we're each going to try to argue that one of his is the greater victim and deserves Bauer.

Team one argues that Puig is greater loss and most damaging to title run, and that the whole point of compensation is to protect against current-year devastating losses.

Team two says Reyes a bigger loss because contract value more useful long-term.

Who should get Bauer?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: please vote on who should get Bauer

PS: Did a virus attack this site? Took me forever to post this, incredibly slow and numerous pop-ups of "live esports betting" ads.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: please vote on who should get Bauer

You know your league best, and based on your value calculator, it would seem that Puig ($25) is far outweighing Reyes ($14) so I think that's your answer.

Longterm, pitching tends to be more volatile than hitting, so one could argue that Puig would have been the more stable/valuable asset.