Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota Wild fire GM Fenton

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Minnesota Wild fire GM Fenton

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Always good when your owner directly lies in his first released statement.
    You dont think they are good enough to make the playoffs? I do. The West is so wide open.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

From what I gather, ownership wanted (and maybe still wants) the Wild to compete year in year out. But it's cristal clear right now that the team needs a rebuild : Parise and Suter (and now Zucc) contracts block any possibility of paying elite talent their due, and their remaining assets are quickly getting up there in age (Spurgeon could attract a good young player but he likely needs to be traded ASAP).

Plus they need to get their **** together if they want to convince Kaprizov to come over for 2020-2021. Somehow MIN is a team I wish I could like more their recent (lack of) success warrant. They're halfway in a rebuild right now and I just wish they committed harder down that route, much like the Rangers did.

EDIT: just got the citation from Russo, lol I'm definitely in "no contention in sight for a while" camp when it comes to MIN
    10-team Pts only, 19-man roster, 9F, 4D, 2G, 4bench 95M cap league
    F: T.Tompson Pasta Kaprizov Rantanen Gaudreau Necas Greig Zegras Vilardi
    D: Josi Bouchard Sandin Sanheim
    G Shesterkin Samsonov
    B: Woll Perfetti Poitras
    Farm: Guenther, Will Smith

Dobber Sports Deity

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...79926317862917

Have to think there will be more than one contender, but word is MIN has already reached out for permission to speak to Ron Hextall for newly vacant GM position.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Fenton did a fair to poor job with GMing but he’s a complete douche of a personality and ownership finally got tired of it. The timing of the firing is about that, not his GM work.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Administrator

There's nothing about Fenton's attitude/personality that wasn't already known before the offseason started

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You dont think they are good enough to make the playoffs? I do. The West is so wide open.
    I think if the owner actually felt the GM was doing a good job and had built a good team, the "personality issues" wouldn't be a big deal, and realistically, probably wouldn't even exist.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Fenton did a fair to poor job with GMing but he’s a complete douche of a personality and ownership finally got tired of it. The timing of the firing is about that, not his GM work.
    Bingo. This is the truth except the "fair" part...he did a poor job with GMing.

From what I have heard, there was one person in the organization (outside of players of which I have no idea) that liked working for him. That was his son who somehow went from being a professional hockey player (DEL 2) to an amateur scout who was watching only USHL games for the Oilers to being the "co-director" of amateur scouting in 2 years.

It sounds like the owner figured out that he made a mistake and to his credit he admitted it and is now in the process of fixing it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I think if the owner actually felt the GM was doing a good job and had built a good team, the "personality issues" wouldn't be a big deal, and realistically, probably wouldn't even exist.
    Just the same, I think they are still good enough to make the playoffs in the west. Clearly the owner didnt want the team to get any worse. I am not saying they are Cup contenders, but I still see enough depth there to make the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Deity

Interesting. Not many owners will go to this lengths.

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/stat...97232796323841

Leipold called Spurgeon today and wanted to fly to Edmonton Friday to meet with him. Spurgeon is on vacation and will meet with Leipold next month

He called almost every player today #mnwild

Dobber Sports Veteran

Too late.

Administrator

Personally I think the Wild are a bubble playoff team at best and it's going to get worse over the next couple years. I don't buy the need for a full rebuild but they're stuck with some bad investments that won't age well.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    There's nothing about Fenton's attitude/personality that wasn't already known before the offseason started
    And your point is?
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Personally I think the Wild are a bubble playoff team at best and it's going to get worse over the next couple years. I don't buy the need for a full rebuild but they're stuck with some bad investments that won't age well.
    I'll agree with the premise, but I think they're more likely to be last in the West than make the playoffs.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll agree with the premise, but I think they're more likely to be last in the West than make the playoffs.
    Yep. Bad vibes from top to bottom. Too old overall. I feel bad for guys like Dumba.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Good goalie, solid D with enough offense to do what they need. They will compete for the playoffs. They arent as bad as many seem to think.