Thread: Tell me about Skjei / Pionk

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Tell me about Skjei / Pionk

Just looking to make a couple adjustments to me Dynasty multi-cat CAP keeper league.

I'm a little up tight against my cap with 4 spots to fill.

D is a primary target for me as I need to fill my 5th and 6th spot on my blue line.

Have been in talks with the owner of both these players and looking to get some projections prior to Dobber's Guide coming out later this week.

From a cost stand point, Pionk and his 2 year $3 million hit is a bit more favorable, but I'm not sure how he stacks up to Skjei from a multi-cat talent standpoint, nor can I fully grasp where he fits in on that depleted Jets blueline.

With my current 4 D all 29 or older, Skjei (at 25) could be a nice add, but fitting his $5 million Cap in could be a little more challenging. but if he's better than my 4D (Currently Leddy), then I could move some assets this year to make him fit in. Seems to be a multi-cat contributor and from what I've read, most prognostications have him as 2D next to Trouba (with no PP time).

But that's all I've been able to find.

Any Ranger experts out there willing to shed some light on a current Ranger D and Former Ranger D.

Thanks.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tell me about Skjei / Pionk

Without getting too into things, I see their production being similar, though Pionk is more of a liability defensively, while I think Skjei and Trouba may take some of the tougher assignments.
    In fantasy, especially a cap league, I would prefer Pionk.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Giant

I agree with EB here, I'm definitely choosing Pionk. Neither of these guys are worldbeaters, and likely not longer-term options so that analysis doesn't really matter much. The Jets D is really thin, and Pionk is likely going to be playing top-four minutes, potentially even an increase over 21 minutes per game he averaged in 2018-19. He was a decent multi-cat option, and the $2.25 million in savings is probably the most important factor. There's some offensive upside here, but as a defensive liability be careful if plus minus is a concern.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks Gents. The luke warm direction (all beit 100% toward Pionk) makes me feel I should keep my picks and look to replace those 2 D positions in our league redraft.

With prospects like Sandin, Liljegren, Mitchell, Stanley, Alexeyev etc ... I'm hoping to see one of these guys make the jump sooner than later.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd want Pionk here too.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Thanks Lucafen!